jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do, Not sure if 50+ winds will start Sat night or Sunday morning

example

Though now you gave me the idea to try some new things.

Awsome, thank you for the picture

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question.... I left without my rodi unit. Grabbed my salt and refractometer but couldn't fit in my to do unit. I have never, ever used any type of water. If I can't find a pet store with water, what's the next best thing? Distilled?

I'm working on less than 2 hours sleep here. Should be at the house in 3 hrs. So far everyone looks ok.

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question.... I left without my rodi unit. Grabbed my salt and refractometer but couldn't fit in my to do unit. I have never, ever used any type of water. If I can't find a pet store with water, what's the next best thing? Distilled?

I'm working on less than 2 hours sleep here. Should be at the house in 3 hrs. So far everyone looks ok.

Google: "Distilled Water TDS"
"Remember – the definition of purifiedwater is a TDS count of less than 10 parts-per-million (PPM), and bothdistilled water and purified water have between zero and one PPM."

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170909_125633.jpg
Decided to use a pair of split leaders, thinking of a newspaper bag wind sock, but it might tear right off.

Looks like Sunday morning will start our strong winds.
Yes, sunday looks like the day the Irama arrives.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, in a pinch Distilled will work.

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google: "Distilled Water TDS"
"Remember – the definition of purifiedwater is a TDS count of less than 10 parts-per-million (PPM), and bothdistilled water and purified water have between zero and one PPM."
Thanks! I'm operating with minimal intelligence right now.

Michael Cronmiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Aquafina is tested as pure and it is RODI have used it in a pinch and had no.bad results

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've used distilled in the one gallon jugs from Wal-mart with no issues when my old RODI unit sprung a leak. I got another RODI unit but it allowed me to keep the ATO full until it came in.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some light bands of wind & rain here in Jacksonville today. We are a little over 500 miles away from the keys !

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of quite here, they say things will be kicking up tomorrow afternoon.
Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 11.27.23 PM.png

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 110 43.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 122 47.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.1%
Back