Florida, Georgia, South Carolina Mathew2016 and now Irma 2017 Check in

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ABC out of New York has been on all day reporting from Florida. Not a peep out of the Keys, and that's a bit scary. They were reporting that they expected some of the keys had a complete wash-over. Two construction cranes in Miami, that supposedly are rated to take 150 mph winds, and set to "windmill," have crashed down. As I type this, the wall eye is over Naples, and the major concern is the storm surge once the eye passes....up to 15 feet.

Stay safe folks.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, the wind literally picked up a few mph after I posted. I boarded up the house so I haven't been hearing the wind. Hurricane will start weakening at least, but the worse is still overnight.
I am figuring for O town about 8pm to 6am and tapering off around 8am
Radar 5pm 9-10-17 Photo shop edit.png

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching Jim Cantore on The Weather Channel wearing riot gear in 44 mph winds. He is a bit over the top for me.

Winds are picking up a bit here

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are 3 1/4" of rain up here in Ocala. We are supposed our worst around 2-3am.

We have had a few rough bands. I am fortunate enough to have a generator that will power the house except for well & A/C. I am staying at my parents though as my house is completely under old oak trees. The are even luckier than I am, bigger house and a generator that powers everything except AC. Will hopefully be checking on my house tomorrow late morning/early afternoon. We are supposed to get it worst around 2-3am.

Hopefully you are doing OK down there in Orlando, WESH and WFTV are showing the damage occurring down there...

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching Jim Cantore on The Weather Channel wearing riot gear in 44 mph winds. He is a bit over the top for me.
He was just on standing out there tanking the hotel, I am surprised he did not thank them for the free buffet breakfast:rolleyes::D

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are 3 1/4" of rain up here in Ocala. We are supposed our worst around 2-3am.

We have had a few rough bands. I am fortunate enough to have a generator that will power the house except for well & A/C. I am staying at my parents though as my house is completely under old oak trees. The are even luckier than I am, bigger house and a generator that powers everything except AC. Will hopefully be checking on my house tomorrow late morning/early afternoon. We are supposed to get it worst around 2-3am.

Hopefully you are doing OK down there in Orlando, WESH and WFTV are showing the damage occurring down there...
I will you the best, we are holding our breath here. The weather radio is going off with warnings for seminole mostly. Time to turn on the local news. Winter Park Orlando usually gets the worst with all the old trees and above ground powerlines.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are now under a tornado warning [emoji615]️

leicaguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its 730 pm and the wind is howling the hurricane shutters are rattling and I have a lake outside the house that is filled to the brim, multiple tornado warnings and gusts 85 to 100 mph all day
Swimming pool is full !!!
Fortunately SO FAR I have electric and I am feeling so very fortunate I mean fortunate
I hope others have stayed safe as well

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made it through and miraculously no loss of power......so glad my tank is saved.....and lucky it wasn't any worse
Glad you made it so far. We are supposed to get hit around 3:00 in the morning with gust around 80 mph. It's going to be an interesting night. Just did this last year with Hurricane Matthew. We have also been battling a Northeaster blowing off the ocean as of yesterday and then it converged with Irma this afternoon. Hoping I don't need to use the generator. Still hoping for the best for the west coast. Hang in there!!

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crunch.. Thud.. Crkkkk...
20170910_191919.jpg
Oh, just a branch. Must've hit the roof.
20170910_191929.jpg
Wait.. that's a pine tree.. at least it wont hit the house.. but, wait a minute?!
20170910_192140.jpg
Dont fall on my Orange tree! Or my Myers and my Keylime, I just planted those!.. Like a straight line on all 3 with this tree.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys. Just realized my area is under tornado watch for 28 more hours!!!!!

Hopefully it is less, the nice thing to see is the storm is moving and not sitting. Also dry air is getting sucked in the back side.[emoji106]

Some goof ball was riding a ATV outside about an hour ago [emoji15][emoji849]

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully it is less, the nice thing to see is the storm is moving and not sitting. Also dry air is getting sucked in the back side.[emoji106]

Some goof ball was riding a ATV outside about an hour ago [emoji15][emoji849]

Oh wow lol.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, it's windy, it's raining, the cats have there cat nip[emoji6]

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 173 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.0%
Back