OP
fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the majano wand came in and i have tried using it a few times...It is really tough to use since most aiptasias are deep in some holes. It seems to work but takes multiple uses to fully eradicate it. Now that i have a tripod i will try to get some vids or pics of it in action.

I did manage to get a FTS shot though with the new Tripod. You can see some of the HA that i have been dealing with GRRRR

4811l.jpg

OP
OP
fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also caught a few new pictures of my clown using the Freeze People mode on my camera. I really dig this setting and might have to explore it more since my coral colors tend to be more spot on.

47112.jpg

47111.jpg

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics of the clown! And I don't know how I missed the sweet coral package a couple weeks ago! How is everything doing? How are you liking the favia? Were those your first favia pieces? I am really getting stoked on some of the favia I am seeing out there. Might try that out as one of my first corals :)

OP
OP
fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet tank man :smile:

Thanks Jiffy!!

Nice pics of the clown! And I don't know how I missed the sweet coral package a couple weeks ago! How is everything doing? How are you liking the favia? Were those your first favia pieces? I am really getting stoked on some of the favia I am seeing out there. Might try that out as one of my first corals :)

No worries on missing it...with the contest things have been flying. Yeah these are my first favia. They are doing really well so far. My Dragon Soul was starting to lighten up so i found a new shaded area for him. They are all eating like pigs too. The Guru one is already starting to grow!
Can't wait to see what you pickup!

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is interesting about putting it into a more shaded area. I had read that many favia are light hogs and can take light almost as much as an acro. Are all of them preferring a more moderate light level?

Great to hear they are doing well for you. I'm getting excited for mine. I will have actual stuff with water in it next week! hahaha. But will update that on my thread. :)

OP
OP
fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is interesting about putting it into a more shaded area. I had read that many favia are light hogs and can take light almost as much as an acro. Are all of them preferring a more moderate light level?

Great to hear they are doing well for you. I'm getting excited for mine. I will have actual stuff with water in it next week! hahaha. But will update that on my thread. :)

Yeah most are light hogs but with the dragon soul it all depends on what colors you want from it. If i want deep solid reds and greens then it needs shaded area...otherwise it will start to bleed green into the rim. It still looks pretty cool but i love the deep colors. Here is a good thread about them...mind you photobucket is down but there are good pics on there. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/general-lps-discussion/58435-dragonsoul-favia.html

Speaking of your thread you should put a link in your sig so i can follow easier!! :wink:

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Thanks for the favia 411 link! I will put a link in my thread, will probably do that next week when things are a little more exciting. :)

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see with my little eye some awesome blasto frags. Hope they do better for you than me... mine look happy but have no intentions on multiplying. That's a crazy hydor wave arm in the back!

OP
OP
fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see with my little eye some awesome blasto frags. Hope they do better for you than me... mine look happy but have no intentions on multiplying. That's a crazy hydor wave arm in the back!

LOL yeah the arm in the back...i decided i didnt need the extra flow up top any more after i got the mp10 so i figured to the bottom back was the best! The blastos are eating like pigs so far. How long have you had your for? Were they also from Mr. Coral?

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking great. The chalice is growing like mad. I know a fellow dolphins fan who would love a frag!

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the majano wand came in and i have tried using it a few times...It is really tough to use since most aiptasias are deep in some holes. It seems to work but takes multiple uses to fully eradicate it. Now that i have a tripod i will try to get some vids or pics of it in action.

I did manage to get a FTS shot though with the new Tripod. You can see some of the HA that i have been dealing with GRRRR

4811l.jpg

AWESOME.. that chalice kicks ****

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man - Besides the constant aiptasia and algae battles i have to deal with, i love my tank!!

FSU-how do you think the aiptasia was introduced? Was it just present in your lr? How do you think you could have avoided it in your build?

And what is the purple/blue disk thingy in the bottom left? :)

OP
OP
fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking great. The chalice is growing like mad. I know a fellow dolphins fan who would love a frag!

Thanks a bunch!! I am slacking on my fragging but once I do I will see of anyone wants a piece. Dolphins and FSU fans get a discount lol.

OP
OP
fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FSU-how do you think the aiptasia was introduced? Was it just present in your lr? How do you think you could have avoided it in your build?

And what is the purple/blue disk thingy in the bottom left? :)

Well to be honest I didn't know as much as I know now. I didn't really take any steps to avoid pests on my live rock. When I do a new tank I plan on going slow and trying to do things right. Also I didn't really pay attention to frags that I bought or any dips. It was my first tank and plenty of learning curves. That's why I love this place and all the stuff I have learned. As for the purple/blue disk, it is actually a brain. The color is a little of on the pic...it is actually red and green lol. I'll see if I can get a better pic later.

Julius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kudos on the tank buddy. Very well done. I love all your mods you've done on the tank. Shes beautiful. Noles n fins all th way baby.

OP
OP
fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aptasia-X works great on aptasia man. I had a horrible infestation and it killed all but one, but no matter what I do that one stupid aptasia comes back lol.
Yeah i have used that and joe's juice, boiling water, etc...at this point i am contemplating some bergias or a small CBB but that might be last resort.

Kudos on the tank buddy. Very well done. I love all your mods you've done on the tank. Shes beautiful. Noles n fins all th way baby.
Thanks Julius!! Always nice to find other Fins and Noles fans!! :bigsmile:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 88 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back