Glare and streaks on outside of glass

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When cleaning the outside of my glass, I look at it different angles and if there is a streak or glare, I am obsessed with it and try to get the glass as glare-free and streak-free as possible. Are there any good tips on doing this? I've tried paper towers, old tshirts, towels, magic eraser. Some work better than others but I have yet to find the perfect solution. Tried dry wiping and also glass cleaner sprayed on towel first

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which cleaner do you use? I use Fritz aquarium safe glass cleaner combined with paper towels and get a flawless result. I wouldn't use magic eraser on glass, it uses microabrasives.

Last edited:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newspaper works good in place of paper towels.

OP
OP
S

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which cleaner do you use? I use Fritz aquarium safe glass cleaner combined with paper towels and get a flawless result. I wouldn't use magic eraser on glass, it uses microabrasives.

Just a normal window cleaner, like windex. I know it's got ammonia in it but I am very careful with just spraying the towel first and not wiping close to the rim of the tank. I might order some of the Fritz cleaner. Thanks

OP
OP
S

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newspaper works good in place of paper towels.
Newspaper is great for windshields and other types of glass. I've used it on the aquarium too. Maybe I'm just too picky with the glare and streaks

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back