Anyone have experience with "turning the tank 180 degrees" ? The front glass has lots of scratches so I want to rotate it

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The front glass on my tank has a bunch of scratches due to me being careless with the magnetic cleaner. I wanted to turn the tank 18 degrees so the back would be the front since it's scratch free. Anyone done this before and how would I do that? After draining as much water as I can, how do I lift the tank up since the bottom part of it is inside the stand?

1000059711.jpg

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The front glass on my tank has a bunch of scratches due to me being careless with the magnetic cleaner. I wanted to turn the tank 18 degrees so the back would be the front since it's scratch free. Anyone done this before and how would I do that? After draining as much water as I can, how do I lift the tank up since the bottom part of it is inside the stand?

1000059711.jpg
Of no help whatsoever but I learned a long time ago to be more careful and to live with scratches. Now I just look past the scratch until it grows film algae. A sharp algae magnet solves that. In fact, if scratches are a badge of honour, I'm a four star general.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't lift it with any water, rock, or sand in it. (maybe you could get away with the sand in it, but then again maybe not) It's not made to be moved with anything in it. You could drain it down all the way and spin the stand around, but then you will be looking at the back of the stand.

aquaman67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the flooring?

How’s the stand?

I need to do this too.

I’m on laminate with an Oceanic made stand.

I’d have no problem draining 1/2 the water and just spinning it. Maybe with two people just to be safe.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it sits inside the stand, it’s not as easy. The tank would have to be practically empty.

Maybe live with the scratches for now and just turn it around when you redo your scape ?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the flooring?

How’s the stand?

I need to do this too.

I’m on laminate with an Oceanic made stand.

I’d have no problem draining 1/2 the water and just spinning it. Maybe with two people just to be safe.
Half the water with a 75 gallons tank is not enough. I would empty it at least 75%. And two people is a must.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like potentially a 3 person job, one person helping push up from the bottom (if accessible) so the side person can get their fingers under, then same for the other side. I'd empty as much water as possible, once it's light enough to maneuver, it will take less than a minute to flip it around and start refilling.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back