OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have pictures of my current bottles!
The green one is just an avocado oil bottle, nothing special. I'll be breaking this one.
The little blue one is a vintage Portuguese wine bottle, found during a recent grandfather visit. I't to cool to break, so I'm going to just drill a hole in the back to allow water to flow through.
IMG_1653.JPG
IMG_1657.JPG
Nice. Looking forward to seeing how these turn out

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That jug is amazing!! Not digging the Tupperware though. :)
I've got Tupperware in my tank at the moment. Use it too get rfa and leathers to attatch to rubble

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a bit random, but when people were asking what lives in the bottles, my Regal Tang likes one. She’s been hiding in it and eating algae off the bottom of it. I can’t get a picture because when I get close she swims out of it. But yeah, Tang approved.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished the oil bottle, it needs some coral on it now lol Progress update on the wine bottle, I ran out of superglue(waht I used to get the sand on the oil bottle) and tried to use Aquavitro Bond, it failed though so now I'm just kind of letting it sit. You can see what I meant when I said I'd drill holes in the back, I just thought the bottle was too pretty to potentially destroy.
Enjoy.
IMG_1669.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG
IMG_1671.JPG
IMG_1672.JPG

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished the oil bottle, it needs some coral on it now lol Progress update on the wine bottle, I ran out of superglue(waht I used to get the sand on the oil bottle) and tried to use Aquavitro Bond, it failed though so now I'm just kind of letting it sit. You can see what I meant when I said I'd drill holes in the back, I just thought the bottle was too pretty to potentially destroy.
Enjoy.
IMG_1669.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG
IMG_1671.JPG
IMG_1672.JPG
Very nice

Beth Villmow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I do mine, I'm going to try and find the weirdest bottles I can, so stuff like exotic rum bottles are not off the table. ;)
I just really want it to look... Old. So I'll try to find some old fashioned coke bottles and stuff like that. I don't want to have much of any clear glass, I feel it would take much longer to look settled, so I'll be looking for colored glass (wine bottles and such) as they may look a bit better overall. Colored would also allow fish to hide within them, which is a big plus for me.
Anybody know of some weird looking bottles I should keep an eye out for? I'd like to formulate a list of what to generally get before I go shopping cluelessly lol.
This may sound odd, I don't know where you live, but around here old barns and rock piles in fields are great places to look for old glass bottles. I've heard of digging in old outhouse holes but sounds gross so haven't done it. Look forward to seeing the finished product!

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may sound odd, I don't know where you live, but around here old barns and rock piles in fields are great places to look for old glass bottles. I've heard of digging in old outhouse holes but sounds gross so haven't done it. Look forward to seeing the finished product!
I've actually finished one already! I posted pictures a little ways up in the thread.
I'll have to keep the rock piles in mind for the future, though! Luckily one of my sisters collects bottles and has offered me some cool ones to use!

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I'm going to move ahead with putting the broken tiki mug into the tank. I was PMing the artist that did them and they high fire the mugs twice during production.
I would cure it first. Let it sit in a bucket of sw for a bit.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do. Next time I do a WC I'll make a little extra. Not in any real hurry. Tank is still in the uglies stage.
Use you water from a water change. No reason to use new water

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back