Great Forum Challenge Week #11 April 12-18th 2011

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
UPDATE:: WEEK 11: Member with the most points for this week wins the week #11 spot. See below for point details!

The time has come for the R2R Forum Challenge! The rules and how the contest will go as is follows:

Contest Start: Feb. 1st @ 12am Eastern (each week starts over at 12am est.)
Length of contest: 12 WEEKS
Number of Qualifiers: 12 (One per each week. Points will start over at the beginning of each contest week. Each member can only qualify once.)
Winners: Each qualifier will win a prize. (We will draw for the Grand Prize from the group of 12 and then so on until all prizes are gone. One prize per qualifier)
To Qualify: Member with the top point total for each week will be that weeks qualifier.

Ok so I guess you're wondering how to get points? Here goes the point breakdown.
You will receive points for certain task. These points are automatically added by the contest software I have so there is no room for human error. Here is a list of how to earn points.

Every time you post you will receive 10 points. (minimum of 50 characters to be counted and yes the software knows if it is 50 or not)

If you start a thread that is decided to be "STICKY WORTHY" you will be given 250 points for the week the thread has been started. If you wish for your thread to be considered for this you must contact skinz78 with a link to your thread via PM during the week that you have started your thread. The R2R Team will then decide if your thread is "STICKY WORTHY". Entry's for this portion of the contest will be cut off on the Sunday of the week to give the R2R staff time to decide on what is "sticky worthy".

Every time you refer a person and they add your exact member name to the registration process you will receive 50 points. (new member must have at least 5 post for your points to add in. Also if we detect that you have created new accounts in order to "cheat" then you will be disqualified instantly and put on R2R probation. Sounds harsh I know but people try to cheat)

For every thread you post to you will receive 10 points. (this only counts one time per each thread and still needs a minimum of 50 characters)

For every forum you post too you will receive 10 points. (this only counts one time per forum and still needs a minimum of 50 characters)

For every thread you start you will receive 20 points. (you need a minimum of 50 characters to count)

Note: If we see threads and post that are worthless they will be deleted. Also offenders will be disqualified. Also note that their are certain forums that will not count any points for post or threads no matter what. These are the selling, trading, ID, sponsor, feedback, giveaway, lounge, and club forums. These will not count!

PLEASE note that it doesn't matter how many post and so on you have now. The contest starts everyone fresh no matter if you have 1 post or 1000 post before the contest starts. Everyone has an equal chance!

Ok so now for the prizes and awesome sponsors of each prize!

1. Grand Prize Sponsored by REEF2REEF is a 150G Marineland Deep Dimension Aquarium, Stand, and Canopy.
r2ranimated-1.gif

2. $1000 Gift Certificate Sponsored by Sexy Corals.

3. $1000 Coral Package Sponsored by Sexy Corals.

4. Bubble Magus BM-180CS Protein Skimmer Sponsored by TB Aquatics.

5. Evolution LED Light Sponsored by Evolution LED.

6. 24" x 18" x 10" Rimless Frag Tank Sponsored by our very own DIY Moderator Troylee.

7. K1 Kalk Stirrer Sponsored by Avast Marine.

8. Reef Keeper Lite Sponsored by: Sponsored by REEF2REEF!

9. Avast Media Reactor Sponsored by Avast Marine.

10. Classic Series Frag Rack Sponsored by The Blue Glow.

11. Avast Top Off Kit Sponsored by Avast Marine.

12. Frag Pack Sponsored by our very own moderator Drainbamage.

Please thank our sponsors by visiting their websites and by purchasing from them! Also if you have any questions please ask in this thread. Remember now that each week there will be one new qualifier for a prize with the chances of 1 in 12 of winning the Grand Prize. So if you get started late on the contest that is not a problem!

Thank you and best of luck to you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WEEK 1: m and m

WEEK 2: skinz78

WEEK 3: dougers31

WEEK 4: Troylee

WEEK 5: Captain Nemo

WEEK 6: Akabryanhall

WEEK 7: Ricwilly

WEEK 8: Wy Renegade

WEEK 9: Drainbamage

WEEK 10: CJO

WEEK 11: swannyson7

WEEK 12:

Last edited:

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow....only 2 weeks left? Crazy...can't imagine looking through the prize list how awesome pretty much any of them are. Good luck to all the rest of ya who want to win!

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okays guys, its my turn to take a shot, been writing down a list of topics to cover this week. wish everybody good luck

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats cj you deserve it bro good solid info all week... I hope you don't disappear now that you qualified...:(

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After CJ went ballistic on my last week, this week is mine.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we need another "post something and we will draw someone randomly" week. it's not fair.

premium members typically have a 'post something and random draw' prize every month (not for this, but for some good goodies none-the-less) maybe time to sign up? At least if you like free stuff :bigsmile:

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is pretty kewl.... hopefully will be able to get into one of the reaming 2 weeks.. but with my luck it wont happen... :cry:

who knows... que sarah que sarah

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats cj you deserve it bro good solid info all week... I hope you don't disappear now that you qualified...:(

Thanks, man. I'm not going anywhere, though I do have some real work to catch up on!

CJ

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it shouldn't matter if we are premium or not.

Something about gift horse and mouth comes to mind... If you want to start your own contest, with your own rules and supply the prize, I'm guessing R2R would probably be amenable.

Oh, thanks for the reminder, I need to pay my membership.

CJ

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was kindof partial to the weeks where you had to post 1 or 2k points to qualify and then a group qualified and the winner was picked at random from those. It seemed to get people involved more consistantly and there was the best part about that set up was the trash talk among the qualifiers. :xd: You know I am all about the trash talk or.... awkward internet silences. I can do both.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am appalled that people are complaining about this, maybe it's easy for me to say because I'm already on the list, but I put myself in the running for 5 weeks straight by posting my *** off, I work full time, am getting my bachelors in business and have a two year old, enough with the whining please. It's embarrassing.
This contest is provided by an incredibly charitable site and Rev has accommodated everyone in this contest along the way, doing random drawings, people who got more than 2000 points etc. Everyone should be thanking him for the opportunity.
Thanks Rev!
Bryan

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was kindof partial to the weeks where you had to post 1 or 2k points to qualify and then a group qualified and the winner was picked at random from those. It seemed to get people involved more consistantly and there was the best part about that set up was the trash talk among the qualifiers. :xd: You know I am all about the trash talk or.... awkward internet silences. I can do both.
I agree, these weeks were the most fun for me, more friendly competition,

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OIY! I certainly hope this was not percieved as a complaint, I am in no way complaining, I am super thankful for the great competition and that fact that it has gotten me much more involved in a great site. I think Rev has put together something real special here. I thought my awkward internet silence days were behind me! hahahah

Back