Great Forum Challenge Week #11 April 12-18th 2011

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OIY! I certainly hope this was not percieved as a complaint, I am in no way complaining, I am super thankful for the great competition and that fact that it has gotten me much more involved in a great site. I think Rev has put together something real special here. I thought my awkward internet silence days were behind me! hahahah
Lol no not at all! You posted while I was typing out my rant.
Now that I have cooled off a bit, I would also like to thank the sponsors that donated the prizes for this as well!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's all good we only have a week and a half left then it will all be over..... what's everyone shooting for???? im hoping for a sexy coral package myself.... if i won the tank i would trade it if someone was down...1smile1 anything is gonna work thou besides my frag tank...ahahahahhahaha

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, thanks sponsors!! And AKA, if you are every feeling that qualifiying was too much responsibility I would take your spot for you... no questions asked. I'd do that for you cuz that is the kind of stand up person I am. ;) haha.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;) My eye is on the Sexy Corals as well. Can't get enough sexy!! Mainly cuz I am just starting out and need SOMETHING to put in my tank and it might as well be sexy. hahah. I think my second would be the frag pack by DB. The really great thing about this contest is that all the prizes are great.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's all good we only have a week and a half left then it will all be over..... what's everyone shooting for???? im hoping for a sexy coral package myself.... if i won the tank i would trade it if someone was down...1smile1 anything is gonna work thou besides my frag tank...ahahahahhahaha
Lol I think I'm going for the sc pack as well, Not sure I would be able to afford to set up the 150 tbh, or I may just sell it.
the skimmer would be clutch as well, heck all of them would be great!

Last edited:

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, thanks sponsors!! And AKA, if you are every feeling that qualifiying was too much responsibility I would take your spot for you... no questions asked. I'd do that for you cuz that is the kind of stand up person I am. ;) haha.
Haha the burden is great, but one I must bear alone, or alongside 11 others

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was kindof partial to the weeks where you had to post 1 or 2k points to qualify and then a group qualified and the winner was picked at random from those. It seemed to get people involved more consistantly and there was the best part about that set up was the trash talk among the qualifiers. :xd: You know I am all about the trash talk or.... awkward internet silences. I can do both.

I definitely agree. I liked those the best as well!

CJ

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we need another "post something and we will draw someone randomly" week. it's not fair.

There is a constant contest like this going on for premium members and there is one pretty close to non stop for non premium members as well.

Back off Lee, one of the coral packs is mine!!!! LOL Honestly I am in the same boat as you on this one, except the 150, since I just finished setting my new tank up.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm not sure. The only two things that I probably couldn't use is the frag tank (no place to set it up without a divorce) or the frag racks (no frag tank)!

I originally thought that the coral packages would be my favorite (looking forward to seeing what Brian is offering as well), but the grand prize tank is the right width to fit where I have my current tank, and the current tank is feeling a little small at 65 gal! My wife also said maybe when I asked her if I won a tank, if she would mind me upgrading- to me, that sounds like a yes!

CJ

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure. The only two things that I probably couldn't use is the frag tank (no place to set it up without a divorce)
CJ

This has been the sole reason that I have not been posting, even if I did win the frag tank and pay $0 for it, the Ms. would still secretly want to take a sledge hammer to the tank.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know if I won any of the prizes(except maybe one or two of'em) I would prolly have to put them up for sale or trade since they don't fit into my current plans for a tank and need to replenish my reefing budget.... Also, I already have most of the things I need to set it up, including too many corals... but there's always room for one more;)

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been the sole reason that I have not been posting, even if I did win the frag tank and pay $0 for it, the Ms. would still secretly want to take a sledge hammer to the tank.

Well, if it ever came to that, a video would be appreciated! ;)

CJ

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well swanny looks like there is no way to catch you...enjoy the week!

INSOMNIA POWER!!!!! I've been up for 28 hours straight and counting... I'll take a 2 hour nap and then I'm good for another 24 hr stretch. :xd:

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you could call this stone age thing a computer... it's like 4 years old and soooo slow. I'm actually thinking about using Tapatalk from now on. I can just speak and have it type for me with my HTC. I'm getting awfully sick of typing, lol

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Friday. There are still 3 more days and about a 60 post difference. That's still plenty of time for either of you to win! Or was that just a ploy?

CJ

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget about BTKrausen. He was killing the threads last night!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm out of it for now, haha. I have been killing it the since Tuesday as I'm running low on stuff to say :)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 93 43.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 99 46.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 20 9.4%
Back