Happy Saturday! Video from my GBR dive trip.

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was incredible. Bucket list trip for sure. It's amazing to see them in their own habitats.
Thank you! I was so impressed how it almost felt the whole reef was working in sync. Especially the chromis and anthias!
I recently moved to oceanside. Pest free LFS do not exist in my experience haha. I QT all new fish and dip all corals. Have you heard of reefers garage? He can get you fish and corals at a great price!
Truth! I have heard of them but haven't been yet. I have been going to shipwreck cove and pristine aquariums and reefs. Now that you are up in OSide you are not too far away from me.

tomtom2245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video! If you think that diving was amazing, not to bash the GBR or anything, but you have to go to Raja Ampat in Indonesia. Hands down, best I have ever seen! It's a trek to get there but totally worth it. I'll post some pics later, just realized I never did that since joining this site.

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video! If you think that diving was amazing, not to bash the GBR or anything, but you have to go to Raja Ampat in Indonesia. Hands down, best I have ever seen! It's a trek to get there but totally worth it. I'll post some pics later, just realized I never did that since joining this site.
Thats awesome! My friend just got back from a dive/surf trip in indo. It has always been somewhere I have wanted to go. I will for sure check it out some more.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_Gorgeous!_

This is what inspires me - to try to recreate a tiny sliver of this at home ...

Love the butterflyfish telling the moray to watch his Ps & Qs - and then bailing out fast when Mr. Sweetlips shows up!

Gotta wonder what eats half the tail off of a white-tip shark . . .

And just very, very cool to see so many familiar faces & fins out there in the big blue.

Thanks for sharing!

~Bruce

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_Gorgeous!_

This is what inspires me - to try to recreate a tiny sliver of this at home ...

Love the butterflyfish telling the moray to watch his Ps & Qs - and then bailing out fast when Mr. Sweetlips shows up!

Gotta wonder what eats half the tail off of a white-tip shark . . .

And just very, very cool to see so many familiar faces & fins out there in the big blue.

Thanks for sharing!

~Bruce
Thanks! The run in with the moray and sweet lips was really really cool. They went back and forth for about half and hour trying to control that little crack/cave. They also could care less I was feet away watching this all go down.
I thought the same thing about the white tip. Probably another white tip.

Goby-won

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great vid. I loved the part with the shark. I wish I could see that for myself...one day maybe.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back