Has anyone used the LiveAquaria Frozen Mysis Shrimp Cubes?

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For $29.99 shipping, I don’t know if that would be a good deal. I can buy a flat of PE mysis at the local store for that.

OP
OP
E

Exus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For $29.99 shipping, I don’t know if that would be a good deal. I can buy a flat of PE mysis at the local store for that.
I have multiple tanks, so I would be buying 100 packs, which comes out to $0.54 per ounce even with the shipping. But this Liveaquria food isn't something I can buy from the LFS to try out first. What I'm afraid of, is that my fish won't eat it lol. There are zero reviews and videos about this food.

Last edited:

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that is a tough situation. Hopefully someone will post their thoughts on it. I don’t know if they have a satisfaction guarantee on the frozen foods.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just order 4 of these total just under 100.00 for 40 packs. I get 8.99 per pack locally so it was a steal.
They are fresh, clean. My CBB gobbled them up. However these are smaller mysis which is fine.
I mainly use this to feed my pair of CBB that I recently paired. The CBB pair is special enough that I was feeding them 2 cubes per day (along with my dither fish which is a small Convict Tang. They clear the cube in around 1 min. I estimate the Convict got 50% and the two CBB get the other 50%.

Shipping were fine to me. Stylophone box overnight with dry ice. Was frozen when I got it.

It is great for the price for me. I would love to have it slight larger but fish will eat it fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Exus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can take a picture of it for you today when I feed the CBB
That would be great! I'm currently using the Hikari Frozen Mysis, which is also the smaller shrimps. Would be great to pick up the live aquaria ones for less than half the price of the Hikari.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be great! I'm currently using the Hikari Frozen Mysis, which is also the smaller shrimps. Would be great to pick up the live aquaria ones for less than half the price of the Hikari.
That is the brand I spend 8.99 for. I will over feed my tank and take picture of both for you in a bit. I latterly anxious so I used it as soon as I got it to try it out. I know exactly what you feel right now. Your order will be around 200.00 with tax and shipping.
The LA mysis is even smaller

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you PM me your phone number or email and I send you a short video as I dump the food into the tank also this AM.
I will try to upload it and post it here also but likely won’t get to this until next weekend at least.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drop a tooth pick into it so you guys can compare size. The round pointed end toothpick.
IMG_2151.jpeg
IMG_2149.jpeg
IMG_2146.jpeg
IMG_2143.jpeg

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just order 4 of these total just under 100.00 for 40 packs. I get 8.99 per pack locally so it was a steal.
They are fresh, clean. My CBB gobbled them up. However these are smaller mysis which is fine.
I mainly use this to feed my pair of CBB that I recently paired. The CBB pair is special enough that I was feeding them 2 cubes per day (along with my dither fish which is a small Convict Tang. They clear the cube in around 1 min. I estimate the Convict got 50% and the two CBB get the other 50%.

Shipping were fine to me. Stylophone box overnight with dry ice. Was frozen when I got it.

It is great for the price for me. I would love to have it slight larger but fish will eat it fine.
You ordered from LA and got your frozen food shipped in a styrofoam box?
Last time I order frozen food from LA it came defrosted in those bags.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them in Styrofoam with dry ice, overnight still frozen. Perhaps you need to talk to them and confirm. I spend 100.00 to get 40 packages as showed above. I email a video of the feeding to the OP. If he can post it here it would be great. Right now I don't have the time to load it to YouTube so I can post it here. They are small mysis but clean and fresh. I am happy with the order and ecstatic that I only spend 2.50- or so per pack rather than 10.00. If I get mysis local I would the equivalent amount for about 400.00

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got them in Styrofoam with dry ice, overnight still frozen. Perhaps you need to talk to them and confirm. I spend 100.00 to get 40 packages as showed above. I email a video of the feeding to the OP. If he can post it here it would be great. Right now I don't have the time to load it to YouTube so I can post it here. They are small mysis but clean and fresh. I am happy with the order and ecstatic that I only spend 2.50- or so per pack rather than 10.00. If I get mysis local I would the equivalent amount for about 400.00
Well after getting 2 dead coral orders and a thawed frozen food order ( 16 each 16oz flat pack mysis and brine shrimp ) all shipped in those crappy bags, I refuse to order anything from them again.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back