Hellboy acro

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got a gorgeous frag in the CC live sale. I have it offset in a bit lower light and the red is somewhat dull with the bluish tint to the encrusting portion and inner branches. I wish I could get more of the bright red on the corralites that it had when it came in. Do you all feel higher light might encourage more of the red and brighten it a bit?? I don't think I have it in the sweet spot at all.

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some shots of a mini colony and a frag. The frag is kept in lower light.
301_zps74cf9494.jpg

025_zps016a67be.jpg

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got a gorgeous frag in the CC live sale. I have it offset in a bit lower light and the red is somewhat dull with the bluish tint to the encrusting portion and inner branches. I wish I could get more of the bright red on the corralites that it had when it came in. Do you all feel higher light might encourage more of the red and brighten it a bit?? I don't think I have it in the sweet spot at all.
Mine is in slightly lower light as well and having same issue. Its pretty dull. I just moved it to higher light so ill let ya know how it goes.:)

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is in slightly lower light as well and having same issue. Its pretty dull. I just moved it to higher light so ill let ya know how it goes.:)
I like the deeper coloration it gets in lower light but it grows faster in higher light.

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is my Hellboy frag. The reason I'm not sure is because 'someone' (read: the wife) accidentally tossed out my list of corals after I had photographed and categorized them for the upcoming revamp of my website. I DO have one though. If any ID experts out there tell me this is not it, I'll look again.

SPS-065.jpg

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is my Hellboy frag. The reason I'm not sure is because 'someone' (read: the wife) accidentally tossed out my list of corals after I had photographed and categorized them for the upcoming revamp of my website. I DO have one though. If any ID experts out there tell me this is not it, I'll look again.

SPS-065.jpg
Nope.

Rmorales13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a more recent pic of mine. I think I found its sweet spot in my tank as its starting to go more red finally instead of just the tips.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%

Back