Hello from Space Coast, FL

smalta87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, new to the forum. Not new to reefing but took a 15 year break. I walked into a fish/coral store for a kid’s school project, and as I’m sure you all know the “addiction” took over again. A week later I have a 16g bio cube set up and and a perplexed wife. *side note* is there a thread for how to deal with or support for a spouse that doesn’t understand the reefing addiction.

Anyway, nice to be a part of the community now.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gif_1690809774163_Original.gif

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, new to the forum. Not new to reefing but took a 15 year break. I walked into a fish/coral store for a kid’s school project, and as I’m sure you all know the “addiction” took over again. A week later I have a 16g bio cube set up and and a perplexed wife. *side note* is there a thread for how to deal with or support for a spouse that doesn’t understand the reefing addiction.

Welcome!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the hobby from a fellow Floridan!

We seem to have a lot in common! I went to petco to get a tank for a betta that I was fish sitting and was in a bowl! Thats how my addiction started!

From there I started on you tubes and really got hooked! lol

My hubby dosnt get it either! LOL

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello...fellow Space Coast Reefer, I'm in Rockledge. PM me anytime for info. I'm more than glad to help people.

As to dealing with the wife....

Check out my world famous R2R thread here. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-much-did-your-tank-setup-cost.903182/

ukgeoff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and a very warm welcome to you, fellow reefer!

I'm curious, are you planning to stick with the 16-gallon bio-cube? I've been on my own reefing adventure for 2 years now with a 40-gallon tank. Every time I pop into my local fish store, I find myself torn between wanting something bigger – it's a real battle between the devil and angel on my shoulders! So far, I've managed to hold off, but it's a constant temptation, haha.

Wishing you the very best with your new setup. Here's hoping the reef Gods bestow their blessings upon you. And remember, may the force be with you, young Jedi!

podsquad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where you at on the coast? in Brevard? I'm in PSJ. New to the forum but not to reefing, been at it for about 15 years and have kept sw fish for 33 years now.
Been married for 26 years and the wife gets it but doesn't share my passion for reefing and I have no wise words on how to handle that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back