Hello Its Me

Reefing Philosopher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Its me Reefing Philosopher...

A bit about me is that i am 16.. Yes very young but very ambitious to learn more day by day in this hobby that either gets your wife or your mother on your case because you spent too much money on SPS colonies and Tangs... yea and if your not in that situations you can enjoy this hobby freely :).

Any who my backstory is my dad who has been reefing for 40 years introduced me to the hobby at a young age of 5 (11 years in the hobby). I cant recall the tank size but i had a pair of clowns... Typical and a secret eel who came in as a hitchhiker and lived for a good year... Until my young self thought it was mint to throw multiple phones and a teddy bear into the tank which was a wipe out.. Looks like i was the ammonia to the tank..

I grew up with tanks... Aqua one 275... Boyu mt-50.. and The most recent tank a Waterbox 110.4.

I took it upon myself to get my own tank.. A Waterbox 10 which went well until a spike killed my blenny and angelfish (was a tiny dwarf) But somehow my clown pair(frostbite-was expensive) and my cleaner shrimp lived... I still dont know how. Well now the shrimp is in my dads tank and the clowns have been sold..

I had a redsea 250 after... Had a sailfin, convict, purple x2 (added different times and died never interacted with each other), a regal tang, tomini and a passed orange shoulder i loved dearly...

The tank was perfect until my purple died i got another and it died too.. You can tell i love purple tangs. (and convict tangs)

But now i want a new start...

Fortunate enough the person who got me in the hobby is my dad... I can get all the goodies..

Theoretically i want a 6ft (bit ambitious but love SPS and tangs like any other hobbyist)
I will be able to get hopefully xr30s and alktronic/dosetronic kits to ensure my laziness can be extended in power..

Let me know your suggestions on what i should do what stockings etc.. I love low stock tanks like maybe 15 at max... Love a maroon pair, a purple and a convict lmk what else to look at..

Any who whatever it is let me know tips and tricks im defenantly not a beginerr but im still opn to more knowledge and would like to know how i should go about my reef tank such as what lights or what dosing method and stock lists etc...

Thank you guys for hearing me out.. Hopefully when i get enough reply's and info ill start a build thread and own the mighty BUILD THREAD BADGE...

Thank you

Reefing Philosopher

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back