OP
OP
warhorseart

warhorseart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting excited. My tank is holding at perfect levels so by next week I will go visit SexyCorals and my son who happens to live a few blocks away from the store. I haven't seen him since I moved. Kids are all gone for Christmas so I kept myself busy today by doing a wc and syphon ing some more algae. Lights have been off for 3 days and algae is going away. I think with a cuc it will be great!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news about your tank, show us some pics as things progress.
Sorry about not having the kids for Christmas, I know that feeling but they were always in heart and soul.
Have fun next week picking corals at Mike's place!

OP
OP
warhorseart

warhorseart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a cuc for Christmas plus made a new friend here in San Berdoo who gave me (I think) Red PE?
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388360767.711446.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388360793.195017.jpg
three hermits, four snails and this Tiger Conch I have named Jar Jar Binks. He's so cool! I can't wait to get coral in there.

jcollinsks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, Glad to hear everything is going better for you, I hope 2014 brings a lot more good things!

ShippD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread started out as a terrible thing for anybody to do to living animals he showed his true colors so in the end you are better without him..

Now you get a fresh start in many ways and oh boy you get to go to SexyCorals and go shopping for freeeeeeeeeeee woot woot kudos SexyCorals for stepping up to the challenge this is a awesome community for sure...Now keep the pics a coming and 2014 will be a amazing year.

OP
OP
warhorseart

warhorseart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I find a job 2014 will be a good fresh start. I also got a 20 ga long glass tank because a certain store is having $1 a ga sale. It will be a long while before I can afford to get everything to put it together but I have it aqua scaped in my head already. For now my 8 ga nano will be wonderful.
Anyone in SoCal need an employee? Lol, I'm getting desperate. I told a girlfriend I'll scrub toilets if need be.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I find a job 2014 will be a good fresh start. I also got a 20 ga long glass tank because a certain store is having $1 a ga sale. It will be a long while before I can afford to get everything to put it together but I have it aqua scaped in my head already. For now my 8 ga nano will be wonderful.
Anyone in SoCal need an employee? Lol, I'm getting desperate. I told a girlfriend I'll scrub toilets if need be.

You know those tanks are tempered, right?

OP
OP
warhorseart

warhorseart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know. I don't plan on doing any drilling for a nano. I plan on doing a HOB filter and converting that to a ref.
It will be awhile though.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try drilling? What are the issues that you're having?
Thanks,
S

Well, it's pretty much a nonissue now because a Very Nice Person is giving me an acrylic...(!!!!!!)...but I need better mechanical filtration and a protein skimmer, and preferably a fuge, all of which are difficult at best without an overflow/sump setup (thankfully, I have a sump from the last failed tank that I can use.)

I can't even keep macro in the darned thing because my snails keep nomming it. They even did away with a small chunk of halimeda.

OP
OP
warhorseart

warhorseart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But what were the specific problems with the tempered glass?
My current nano is acrylic and it does scratch pretty easy but luckily I'm pretty good at getting them out. I had a lot of experience with my FW tanks I had over the years (75ga show, 55 ga show and a 30 ga tall. All SeaClear brand)
Thanks for the info.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't drill a tempered glass tank, you'll end up with all little pieces of glass...............like millions of it.

OP
OP
warhorseart

warhorseart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388527074.255626.jpg

Tank today, I'm so ready to see some color.
On a side note... I got my CUC and I'm getting annoyed at all the poop! Is it the turbo snails or the Tiger Conch? My CUC I had before was very clean. The bottom of my tank looks horrible.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388527283.440612.jpg

The only difference is no brittle star, no nassarius snails and no bristle worms this time

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes, last time I didn't have turbos or a conch

It might be the turbos. I have two and when I removed a decoration I was feeding them with (it had a ton of algae on it and they were starving), there was obvious poo around the base. Siphoned it out during a water change.

OP
OP
warhorseart

warhorseart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Einna, I'm syphon ing twice a day. It's SO ugly. I may be removing them. I'd rather scrape algae than syphon poo all day.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back