Help With Euphyllia ID

mikellini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what I'm leaning toward... you can see there are two little buds near the bottom. I've only had it for a few days, it has expanded slightly more than what is in the pics but not a lot. Ideas?
unnamed.jpg

unnamed2.jpg

OP
OP
M

mikellini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just never seen a torch with such short tentacles. And usually the tip is more pronounced. What about E. Cristata?

OP
OP
M

mikellini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If so, it's the first one I've seen in real life. Haven't seen this colouration in pictures online either...

I wonder, do you think these are compatible with other euphyllia as far as stinging goes? Hoping to add torches to this island, but I could move it over with the hammers and spawns if need be

WetWhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch corals don't always have to have really long testicles. Mine are at the same length as in the picture. But the tentacle's typically are skinner and are not as thick as the ones in the picture. I would lean towards grape for that one. The problem is the environment they are kept in has a great influence on growth and form. Light, flow and nutrient level all factor in with these coral.

The care is the same for all of the Euphyllia sp and they are typically compatible. With that being said I still try and not let them touch because you never know.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back