View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mertens on the back glass
20220320_144546.jpg

Mertens in its happy place
2022-10-03_11-48-45.jpg
Question about Mertens... are they sticky like most carpets are?

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine. Came out of its cipro treatment a little over a week ago. It's coloring up slowly with hints of yellow at the tips...fingers crossed the yellow gets more pronounced!
B221AB26-E426-46DF-8334-95D1CFF07557.jpeg

C58E7133-AA3B-4D2D-832B-B4C3B7D1B5DE.jpeg

Amazing, I’d love to get one with a red base!

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m 1/1 on mags, but 0/2 on mertens. I think they’re harder to acclimate, but that’s just been my personal experience. Wear gloves when handling.
Interesting.... thats good to know. I thought the mags were difficult to acclimate. I struggled with mine when i first received it. Not that im in the market for a mertens, but thanks for the good information. I read somewhere they didn't have a strong sting...which was weird since its a carpet... good to know thats not true.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting.... thats good to know. I thought the mags were difficult to acclimate. I struggled with mine when i first received it. Not that im in the market for a mertens, but thanks for the good information. I read somewhere they didn't have a strong sting...which was weird since its a carpet... good to know thats not true.
That carpet was probably not healthy. The back of my hand gets stung by just touching the Mertens for a second while cleaning the glass. Sting seems to last forever.

gobybryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That carpet was probably not healthy. The back of my hand gets stung by just touching the Mertens for a second while cleaning the glass. Sting seems to last forever.
I agree- I think it was just luck of the draw re: my mag. The color on the mertens I got was incredible. Had this amazing golden shimmer.

Tub Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V39jAL3.jpg

RIP flame tip BTAs (my favorites) in background.
RIP harem, Female survived and has paired with a sub-male after her partner perished.

I inherited this Mag from a buddy shutting down his tank. A few years under my care now, and buddy took care of it for over a decade.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back