How Will My Noo-Psyches Grow? (RETIRED)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I couldn't agree more. I can barely notice them over my wife and kids yelling at each other.

I just heard one kick on and went to go measure the volume and the fan went back off before I got a reading.
Toddler and doberman get into "who can be more vocal" contest. Music is always playing. My heater and ac may as well be a semi truck.

Edit: In all of my life, peace and quiet ended the day I was conceived.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want things quiet and have your tank in a book reading room. I suppose these lights may not be in the category of "peace and quiet" All around the noise of level of them in my house is next to nothing.
I just did a retest of my decibel level. Turned off EVERYTHING..including my pumps. Got the ambient noise level down to an average of 48 decibels in my office when i put my phone less than 3 inches from the fan. Fan kicked on, decibel level bumped up to 52, Shrugs. I guess the noise either bothers you or it doesnt, the most we can do is give people the facts to make their own determination.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just did a retest of my decibel level. Turned off EVERYTHING..including my pumps. Got the ambient noise level down to an average of 48 decibels in my office when i put my phone less than 3 inches from the fan. Fan kicked on, decibel level bumped up to 52, Shrugs. I guess the noise either bothers you or it doesnt, the most we can do is give people the facts to make their own determination.
I don't know how honest phone meters are either. I take the information with a grain of salt. It is just that, will it bother you? I have other noises I need to deal with first. Everyone is going to be different.

This is something people should have information on. I am all for that.

Pros - lights are sleek, compact, light weight, high par, - Going to test again later on @kittenbritches settings with my meter to see if I can pick up the same levels. We are talking 80ish % vs solid 95%. We'll see.
Cons - noisy fan, gameboy controller. No wifi app, no real moonlights. 1% too strong! Anyone else want to add to that?

Last edited:

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly, @Gtinnel had several issues with the claw. Mine has held steady without issue, thank goodness. I was a little worried about it.
You are correct, I absolutely hate the paw. I've since changed mine to where I mount them from the 4 screws in the light directly, which is the project I was working on and forgot to check how loud my fans were.
I have talked to noopsyche about it and we have came to the conclusion if mounted on their bracket they shouldn't break. Mine broke because I was doing a diy mounting where I hung them from the single screw.
20211106_001126.jpg

I'm much happier with the way they're mounted now.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really tired of banging this drum, so after this post I have nothing else to say on the matter. But...

I was just about to tell my daughter to turn off the bathroom fan before I realized it was my lights. :oops:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let's share a few snot nose rag laughs.
After taking readings of @kittenbritches settings with my seneye... Here are results. I am going to say, the 4.0.8 is fixed and rather accurate to her Apogee Quantum Flux MQ-200

Here is my recordings. This was done at 9.5 inches and lower. The bottom reading was my first taken, why seneye does this, I don't know.
The par between lenses is rather high. below lens, a bit weaker.

I am sure you want a fts with a map, I will do that later. I've used up my free time for now. 9.5 between means between lights. Center means between the 2 lens.
Seneye 02.png

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's share a few snot nose rag laughs.
After taking readings of @kittenbritches settings with my seneye... Here are results. I am going to say, the 4.0.8 is fixed and rather accurate to her Apogee Quantum Flux MQ-200

Here is my recordings. This was done at 9.5 inches and lower. The bottom reading was my first taken, why seneye does this, I don't know.
The par between lenses is rather high. below lens, a bit weaker.

I am sure you want a fts with a map, I will do that later. I've used up my free time for now. 9.5 between means between lights. Center means between the 2 lens.
Seneye 02.png
Nice variety of values meaning you can put in this tank just about anything. :)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice variety of values meaning you can put in this tank just about anything. :)
I do want to say, I should have taken a screen shot on the laptop of KB's settings. The reading was very accurate to recommended light wave length for corals. with full 95% settings, there is a lot of red. I assume sps are on a different wave length than most collected lps. I don't know.
With that said, you can probably grow whatever light hungry coral you want.
Here's what I did. 9.5 " to 26 "below lights..

seneye00.png
here's map.
par-map.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You should do well with this setup. I have had two K7’ V2’s on a 40B for going on two years, and can grow anything. I had to dial them down for a mixed reef. They were originally going to just be placeholders while I decided on a higher end pair of lights, but I have had no reason to upgrade.

I’m moving all over to 90 gallon tank over the next two weeks. The plan is to stick with the 2 K7’s for now along with an Orphek light bar. They are great lights for the money.
You should contact @noopsyche about your lights. They're looking for someone that's been running the K7 Pro II lights for more than a year.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct, I absolutely hate the paw. I've since changed mine to where I mount them from the 4 screws in the light directly, which is the project I was working on and forgot to check how loud my fans were.
I have talked to noopsyche about it and we have came to the conclusion if mounted on their bracket they shouldn't break. Mine broke because I was doing a diy mounting where I hung them from the single screw.
20211106_001126.jpg

I'm much happier with the way they're mounted now.
What is thay you mounted them to?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back