I got banned from reef-central!

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been banned twice on that forum. It really wasn't a big deal, just different interpretations of the rules. Now I just try to be much more careful in what I post and make sure there is no room for interpretation. Other than frag offerings, I try and post threads that are constructive and informative (for the most part). If you want to handle something that could be misconstrued, use PMs.

Dave

OP
OP
M

modifyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll make sure next time I post at RC that there is no Humor to it and as close to a one word answer or Q's as I can make.

ct_vol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why arnt the East Tennessee guys moving here? Randy if you are reading along, whats the draw for yall? We have a great site here and much more freedom

As mentioned by others, we have discussed a move, but it has never been pushed or fully supported... RC isn't really that bad, you just have to really toe the line and not cross it... What makes it hard is that the line is not always well defined and is at the discretion of the moderators...

I think what keeps us from moving more than anything else is trying to keep up with multiple forums... I spend a lot of time on RC, and don't always have time to check in over here at R2R, unless I know there is an upcoming event, like a frag swap... I guess that is fairly obvious since I am just now seeing this thread... :D

James~ If you would like I can try and speak to Larry on your behalf and try and have your suspension eliminated or hopefully shortened... LMK if you want me to put in a good word, and I will gladly do so... :)

OP
OP
M

modifyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, maybe a shortened sentence but to ask them to eliminate it all together might be asking to much of them. Larry has made up his mind and I'm not sure he is willing to change it but a reduced sentence would be nice.

On a side note some contractors will be here on Thursday to look at the basement. I'm bringing in the big guns to help renovate the basement and put in a very very large tank!

Runnerzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mods at RC have a global-wide view that doesn't work well with a local club. I'd vote for moving here or starting our own forum up again. They modifyd banning incident was unwarranted. It isn't like he went BigOrange on us or anything...

BTW, this is Scott aka Runner. I can't recover the password to my old account at the moment. :(

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh. That's better. I feel like myself again. :)

P.S. That's the strangest double-post I've ever made. ;)

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knoxville guys, its really easy to do, PM rev about it, he puts you a forrum on here and your done. everyone is happy!

OP
OP
M

modifyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use a local forum on this site more than on RC, there is a type of good vibe from this site that I just can't explain. RC just seems like there is alot of tension.

ct_vol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James~ Spoke with Larry, and so long as you do not have any further violations, you will be considered by the Admin/Mods for reinstatement at the end of July, which will be 30 days after your temporary ban... This is not a promise of reinstatement, but neither was the 60 day ban... :)

I would also remind everyone that we had a forum here about a year ago, but it was taken down due to the fact that I was the only one that frequented it... If there is enough interest, it needs to be brought up at a meeting and discussed by the membership... I am not against a move, I am merely stating the facts of the matter...

Last edited:

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will keep an eye on you miscreants whether it is here or on RC. I frequent your forum over there a good bit too.lol

ct_vol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have seen your name atop our forum a time or two... lol ;) How are those frags doing??? I'm wicked ticked I'm missing your guys' swap... I have a bunch of stuff I was wanting to move out of my tank... I guess it will have to wait till the MTRC swap...

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frags are great, what about yours you like. I hate that youre missing it too. Daniel is crying wanting a piece of the northern lights acro. it looks really good.

ct_vol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tommy~ Yup... Very pleased... :) I'll have to break out some of my bigger guns next time we do a trade... :D

James~ Not a problem... :p

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The ETRC forum was brought back a couple weeks ago here at R2R. Use our forum or RC whichever is best for your club, or use both. ;)

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back