I need a bigger tank but...

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apparently you picked an appropriate screen name.
You have no idea :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: . Let’s just say my husband is a saint and he can get as many video game consoles as he wants without a peep from me and when he gets that ridiculous car he wants i will cheer him on!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increased humidity...
Higher risk of respirtory illness...

Its not advised to sleep in the room with your reef tank.
Than I suggest you not be in the same room as your tank ever. Even better yet one shouldn't own a tank.

SMH.

Last edited:

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increased humidity...
Higher risk of respirtory illness...

Its not advised to sleep in the room with your reef tank.
Mark Harmon Gibbs GIF by CBS

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Than I suggest you not be in the same room as your tank ever. Even better yet one shouldn't own a tank.

SMH.

I think sleeping in the room and watching TV or in another room enjoying are 2 different things.

There are many cases of people getting increased pulomary disease from high humidity.
A tank will do that with Evap... and a large tank will evap more.

Im fairly sure you know about that seeing how some are you tanks are quite large.

But its from many medical pratictioners advice that you don't sleep with a full bloated large reef tank in your room, because the humidity can do nasty things with your lungs.

This is also another reason why older people tend to like the desert and dryer locations better.

But hey what would i know? i only have 2 family members who are doctors, one who even kindly donated me a UNS 120U (more like dumped it on me) because they started getting breathing problems from it being in the living next room, and they never opening the windows.

If you offended by this comment, then i applogize, but im mearly stating the health risk you can get from having the tank in the room your sleeping 8-10 hours per day straight in.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think sleeping in the room and watching TV or in another room enjoying are 2 different things.

There are many cases of people getting increased pulomary disease from high humidity.
A tank will do that with Evap... and a large tank will evap more.

Im fairly sure you know about that seeing how some are you tanks are quite large.

But its from many medical pratictioners advice that you don't sleep with a full bloated large reef tank in your room, because the humidity can do nasty things with your lungs.

This is also another reason why older people tend to like the desert and dryer locations better.

But hey what would i know? i only have 2 family members who are doctors, one who even kindly donated me a UNS 120U (more like dumped it on me) because they started getting breathing problems from it being in the living next room, and they never opening the windows.

If you offended by this comment, then i applogize, but im mearly stating the health risk you can get from having the tank in the room your sleeping 8-10 hours per day straight in.
What's the difference spending a lot of time in a room and sleeping in the same room as a tank.

You are still breathing same air.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the difference spending a lot of time in a room and sleeping in the same room as a tank.

You are still breathing same air.

that isn't true again....

When in resting, you will breath differently then while sitting.
And when you deep sleep, its something entirely else... you can tell a person is sleeping from the way they breathe on top.

Its not fundementally the same.

Hey i am mearly stating what multipul doctors have told me.
Don't hate the messenger, they all tell me definitely do not setup a anything larger then possibly a small beta tank... less then 2.5g in your bed room, unless you live in a location where your windows are always open non stop, and humidity isn't a factor, because its always vented outside.

If you doubt my statement, go ask your primary next time you do your annual.

Last edited:

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about instead of a larger tank, a species dedicated tank to move it into. A 40 or 60 breeder would probably be enough for a long time, just secure that bad boy right in the center, sit back and let it keep growing out

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that isn't true again....

When in resting, you will breath differently then while sitting.
And when you deep sleep, its something entirely else... you can tell a person is sleeping from the way they breathe on top.

Its not fundementally the same.

Hey i am mearly stating what multipul doctors have told me.
Don't hate the messenger, they all tell me definitely do not setup a anything larger then possibly a small beta tank... less then 2.5g in your bed room, unless you live in a location where your windows are always open non stop, and humidity isn't a factor, because its always vented outside.

If you doubt my statement, go ask your primary next time you do your annual.
I sleep with a humidifier on and my CPAP also has a built in humidifier so perhaps I might be able to ditch these things and sleep in my humid fish room comfortably.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being relegated to sleeping in my fish room office instead of the master bedroom would be rough. I've thought about it but it's just a battle I can't win at home unfortunately.

My torches are wiping corals out now.

20240403_135606.jpg
Same boat here, I finally realized I needed to upgrade, sick of fragging. I was looking at the Waterbox 150.4 and then my daughter got engaged! No money left until after the wedding in 2025. I’ll just keep fragging, I’ll be happy to give you a ton frags :winking-face: !
861C31B2-84C2-48E4-ACB9-F56D01A53263.jpeg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back