Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Attachments

• DALL·E 2024-03-28 18.56.22 - Create a more intense nightmare image for the old man dreaming ab...jpg
    DALL·E 2024-03-28 18.56.22 - Create a more intense nightmare image for the old man dreaming ab...jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
Fredinva

Fredinva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JNalley!!!
"You're correct, nothing on earth (especially aquarium heater thermostats) are so precisely calibrated that the two heaters would ever kick on at the exact same time."
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JNalley!!!
"You're correct, nothing on earth (especially aquarium heater thermostats) are so precisely calibrated that the two heaters would ever kick on at the exact same time."
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
I mean, if that was your argument, the use of the word "exact", I feel sorry for you that you can't infer that people often use idioms in language when discussing things on forums in an imprecise way. That seems like a silly hill to try and die on.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, if that was your argument, the use of the word "exact", I feel sorry for you that you can't infer that people often use idioms in language when discussing things on forums in an imprecise way. That seems like a silly hill to try and die on.
Why would it matter if they come on at the same moment or 5 minutes apart?

OP
OP
Fredinva

Fredinva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't... He seems to think it does... lol...
JNALLEY!! GO BACK AND READ AL THE POSTS. At least two ppl, maybe three, said that both heaters will come on at the same time, even without a controller. And you then agreed with me:
JNalley!!!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

with that being said, heater 2 may not come on due to the fact that htr 1 is already heating the water, which is now above htr 2 thermo setting.

OP
OP
Fredinva

Fredinva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know... I want to know why he thinks it matters
no no no!
I'm only correcting a false statement made by two, maybe three posters.
" the heaters will come on simultaneously, even without a controller"
THAT IS SIMPLY FALSE, WILL NOT HAPPEN

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JNALLEY!! GO BACK AND READ AL THE POSTS. At least two ppl, maybe three, said that both heaters will come on at the same time, even without a controller. And you then agreed with me:
JNalley!!!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

with that being said, heater 2 may not come on due to the fact that htr 1 is already heating the water, which is now above htr 2 thermo setting.
There's a difference between saying

"They will come on at the same time"

and

"Heater 1 will be the only one to come on"

which you've now changed to

"Heater 2 *may* not come on"

Water itself does not maintain a homogenous temperature, in my experience, both units do eventually come on (typically within seconds of each other) and remain on at the same time. Especially in a system with good flow going over the heaters. Water is moving directionally over both heaters, heated water is moving away from them, as cooler water is approaching them... How is this difficult to understand?

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JNalley!!!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

no no no!
I'm only correcting a false statement made by two, maybe three posters.
" the heaters will come on simultaneously, even without a controller"
THAT IS SIMPLY FALSE, WILL NOT HAPPEN
Their intention was saying that both heaters will be on at the same time if required. By "same time", they mean "together". Not so much specifying they will come on in the same exact moment because everybody knows that, though you're correct, nobody cares(nor does it matter) if they turn on at the same exact time. If we were controlling a chiller, I would welcome a delay in full capacity. Moral of the story is chill out these are people trying to help you with the question you had. If you don't want next level answers, Google would have found you many Bluetooth heaters in a fraction of the time

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aight folks, name calling and taking shots at other members will not be happening.
Thanks
Lets take it down a notch shall we, its a discussion, not a firing squad.

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Lets take it down a notch shall we, its a discussion, not a firing squad.

But if it were a firing squad... would we all fire at the same exact time? Would there be a delay? Is there a Bluetooth gun?

Ha, sorry, I honestly think the OP is loving all the replies.

DALL·E 2024-03-28 20.53.14 - Create a surreal image where the previous nightmare scenario of t...jpg

(me? I'm just enjoying the visuals that DALL-E comes up with as I feed it this post) :)

BOYERZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But if it were a firing squad... would we all fire at the same exact time? Would there be a delay? Is there a Bluetooth gun?

Ha, sorry, I honestly think the OP is loving all the replies.

DALL·E 2024-03-28 20.53.14 - Create a surreal image where the previous nightmare scenario of t...jpg

(me? I'm just enjoying the visuals that DALL-E comes up with as I feed it this post) :)
Now, we're getting somewhere!

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm late to this conversation (maybe that's a good thing lol) but if you @Fredinva want FULL control over your heater(s) then I suggest (as a few others have) get a good solid pair or Heating Elements (non-thermostat built in), a quality Heater Controller, and a dedicated Tank Controller. If you truly want FULL control, monitoring, and tracking of your tank while home AND away a dedicated Tank Controller can't be beat.

Set your Heater Controller at your desired tank temp (let's assume 80deg to keep the math simple) and let em rip. Now set your Tank Controller Temp (heat shut down outlet temp) to 1 or 2 degrees higher and should the Heater Controller malfunction then the Tank Controller will shut that outlet off (and the Heater Controller/Heating Elements) preventing the heaters from "running away". One caveat, you'll need to calibrate/verify temperatures on both units and adjust accordingly for precision.

OP
OP
Fredinva

Fredinva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Idech, THE FIRST RESPONDER SAYING TWO HEATERS WILL COME ON SIMULTANEOUSLY!​

iDECH "We’re telling you both heaters will come on simultaneously. With, or without a controller."
HE WAS THE FIRST WITH AN INCORRECT STATEMENT!!

BOYERZ, I DIDNT CALL YOU ANY SUCH THING.!!
GN ALL

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This one is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back