OP
OP
C

cpt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have taken those exact steps but when I paste it nothing shows up, that's with the link and the embed link

ummm... I just realized you were not able to upload your video to youtube. While you can't imbed an FB video, you should be able to post a link to it.

On FB pull up your video post and under options, select get link, then copy and paste the link into your forum post. As long as your privacy setting for the video is set to public, anyone clicking the link should be able to view the video.

Here's a link to one of my FB videos:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203239738786198&l=4024988045576412578

OP
OP
C

cpt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that was a process, had to send the embed link in a message to myself to see the full vid code then type it (would not accept a copy paste method) into the thread reply box

there has got to be an easier way or is it just me and my computer that has the issue ***!

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that was a process, had to send the embed link in a message to myself to see the full vid code then type it (would not accept a copy paste method) into the thread reply box

there has got to be an easier way or is it just me and my computer that has the issue ***!

This site does not allow html code in posts, so the embed link will not work here. The Get Link option just contains the link that you manually posted.

You should also see the same link in the address bar of your browser.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cpt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This site does not allow html code in posts, so the embed link will not work here. The Get Link option just contains the link that you manually posted.
That option hasn't worked for me either, once I go to accept post it looks like it accepts it, the window closes but nothing ever shows up. that's what the few posts earlier were about where I have a few words posted "trying now" "ha nothing" "one more time"

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That option hasn't worked for me either, once I go to accept post it looks like it accepts it, the window closes but nothing ever shows up. that's what the few posts earlier were about where I have a few words posted "trying now" "ha nothing" "one more time"

When you click Get Link, you want to make sure you copy the highlighted link to your clipboard before pressing the Okay button.

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing Vimeo

In case anyone else is interested, I just tested with a short, unedited video clip. Vimeo videos are supported:

[video=vimeo;120842997]https://vimeo.com/120842997[/video]

I'll see if I can carve out some free time to test some of the others...

Update: Dailymotion works as well.

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back