Interceptor help

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How did this work out for you guys? And did you use the non-Rx version with Prazi or did you use the Rx version?
I used both rx version without prazi and the non rx with prazi bought from Canada. They both worked one was harder to disolve so I also used a blender for the chew tabs with prazi.

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How did this work out for you guys? And did you use the non-Rx version with Prazi or did you use the Rx version?
I used both rx version without prazi and the non rx with prazi bought from Canada. They both worked one was harder to disolve so I also used a blender for the chew tabs with prazi.

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Which dose did you end up using?

Also any idea if I can use this as a dip? I’m nervous to dose my display as I have a pistol shrimp and a bajillion bristle worms that I don’t want to nuke my tank chasing these buggers down. I’d have to cut the rock the acro is encrusted on and glue it back, but any idea if that’s viable or not option?

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Which dose did you end up using?

Also any idea if I can use this as a dip? I’m nervous to dose my display as I have a pistol shrimp and a bajillion bristle worms that I don’t want to nuke my tank chasing these buggers down. I’d have to cut the rock the acro is encrusted on and glue it back, but any idea if that’s viable or not option?
I have not read about any dips working for them or using interceptor as a dip. I used two large 23mg pills for 110 total water. It did not kill my bristle worms or snails. But my shrimp died and all pods.

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not read about any dips working for them or using interceptor as a dip. I used two large 23mg pills for 110 total water. It did not kill my bristle worms or snails. But my shrimp died and all pods.

Was that a single dose? I guess I can use 2x of the 11.5mg pills in my 50gal for roughly the same dose

How long did you leave it in before a WC or carbon or whatever to remove it?

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was that a single dose? I guess I can use 2x of the 11.5mg pills in my 50gal for roughly the same dose

How long did you leave it in before a WC or carbon or whatever to remove it?
That was a single dose for me but from online it’s like 8x the dose that is suggested. For 50 gallons total water I would add 2 11.5 mg pills every 7 days for 3 weeks. I left it in for 24 hours. One tank I did carbon and water changes. The other tank I didn’t do carbon or water changes until week 3. Both tanks were fine. The drug will naturally degrade but carbon and water changes help. I would try and do one moderate water change after the first dose incase you have a lot of die off.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back