Interceptor dosing acropora white bugs

Orangutran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from Canada pet care. Their website shows plain interceptor but I received the chews with Prazi. I used 5x the dose recommended here:

Did not effect snails or giant clam. I have no crustaceans. 1 5x treatment knocked them out for me.
When you say one dose (and others mentioned also in this thread) is that one dose per week? There are other threads that mention 3x per day, and they repeat in 1 week. One dose would be easier of course.

Ironically "Canada" pet care dotcom doesn't ship to Canada! It's easier for us to get hard drugs than dog heart worm meds!

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One large dose, once per week, over the course of 3-4 weeks worked well for me.
I did 23mg doses in my 65g tank for reference.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say one dose (and others mentioned also in this thread) is that one dose per week? There are other threads that mention 3x per day, and they repeat in 1 week. One dose would be easier of course.

Ironically "Canada" pet care dotcom doesn't ship to Canada! It's easier for us to get hard drugs than dog heart worm meds!

I did the one 5x dose, one time. I believe the regular dose is recommended to do once a week for 3 weeks. I gave it a shot just doing it once since the dose was so heavy. Not a recommendation but that’s what worked for me.

Orangutran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One large dose, once per week, over the course of 3-4 weeks worked well for me.
I did 23mg doses in my 65g tank for reference.
Cool, that's roughly 4x (.35mg/gal) the recommended dose from reefs.com (.086mg/gal)

I did the one 5x dose, one time. I believe the regular dose is recommended to do once a week for 3 weeks. I gave it a shot just doing it once since the dose was so heavy. Not a recommendation but that’s what worked for me.

@spsick So no more white bugs just after one dose? That would be awesome!

Ok I ordered from bestvetcare.com since they ship to Canada. Will dose at roughly 5x, and see how it goes! Will repeat as per SamMule if I see more bugs afterwards.

Thank you both!

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, that's roughly 4x (.35mg/gal) the recommended dose from reefs.com (.086mg/gal)

@spsick So no more white bugs just after one dose? That would be awesome!

Ok I ordered from bestvetcare.com since they ship to Canada. Will dose at roughly 5x, and see how it goes! Will repeat as per SamMule if I see more bugs afterwards.

Thank you both!

Update:

I’ve just now noticed them on their favorite coral again so the single dose did not cut it. Or it wasn’t strong enough.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 29.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back