ION Director: Automatic testing and control of Ca, Mg, K, Na, and NO3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1570031985117.png

ION DIRECTOR
New information now available

1570032063674.png

Automated Ca, Mg, K, Na and NO3 testing made easy!
Achieve the next level of water testing automation with the ION Director (IOND). Through the use of ion-selective technology, the IOND automatically measures and controls Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, and Nitrate levels in saltwater aquariums.

Get a deeper understanding of your aquarium with the IOND. The ION Director can be used alone or together with a KH Director (KHD). Coupled with the KHD for Alkalinity monitoring and control, the IOND and KHD are the perfect tools for controlling your parameters like never before.

Each parameter can be measured and automatically controlled. If one or more parameters are too low or too high, the IOND can automatically determine how much of an adjustment is needed to maintain stable parameters.

1570032120876.png

One Multi-Ion sensor and no reagents
On going research and testing has allowed us to specially develop our own multi-ion sensor. No need for a dedicated ion sensor per parameter plus a reference electrode, no need for single reagents per parameter. Only one multi-ion sensor and reasonably priced reference fluids are required.

NOTE: Above photo shows ION Director without sensor installed. Details and photos of our multi-ion sensor will be unveiled very soon.

1570032198831.png

Ultimate accuracy and precision
As with many things in this hobby, stability is key. Through the use of four dosing pump heads, the IOND effectively performs measurements with lab-grade precision and accuracy, each and every time.

Out of the four pump heads, two are used to transport two separate reference fluids for automatic ion-sensor calibration. The use of these heads eliminate the need to manually calibrate the sensor. This ensures that each test is used with a freshly calibrated sensor, every time.

1570032253708.png

Pairs perfectly with the KH Director
Fully automate and control the aquarium's most important water parameters with the IOND and KHD.

Perfect integration into GHL Connect
Use the extensive logbook and analysis functions in your app and cloud myGHL.
1570033036737.png
1570033046011.png

1570033057769.png
1570033065183.png

ION Director confirmed details
  • Automated Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Nitrate testing and control
  • All tests performed with a single GHL developed multi-ion sensor for superior precision and accuracy
  • Hardware is prepared for future parameter add-ons
  • Uses only 2 reference fluids for ALL current and future parameters
  • Cost effective reference fluids
  • Automatic sensor calibration before each measurement
  • Automatic data logging and charting
  • Works in conjunction with a 4 pump GHL Doser 2.1
  • Can be used alongside GHL Standalone Doser (no aquarium controller required) or with a ProfiLux 3 or 4 controller
  • ION Director / Doser 2.1 Slave and Standalone packages will be available
  • Controllable through GHL Connect (app, webserver and cloud) and more

Frequently asked questions
  • When will the first IOND be shipped?
    Scheduled deliveries begin end of 2019
  • Will there be a pre-order special?
    Yes!
  • When will the prices be published?
    In the next upcoming weeks. We have to wait for final calculations.

See it on display at Reefapalooza Chicago!

Kryssie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I already have a stand-alone 2.1 for dosing triton method, will I need an additional doser to operate the Ion?

Edit: just got the answer in a different thread. You need 4 pump heads for the Ion.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the reference fluid need to go to a waste container or can it be returned to the sump?

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about how it regulated your calcium dosing. If your use brs calcium and then switch calcium products. How does the system know the potency of the calcium solution and how much calcium is needed to keep it in balance

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eagerly awaiting more details on price and the early release discount. Will there be in the future grouping discount on kh and ion together with respective dosers like you do with kh and doser? Say buy the 4 together save X?

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what happened to po4???

who actually tests for k?

arrrg! almost the holy grail!
I'll agree. For me ALK and PO4 is on my AUTO-TESTING Want LIST.... so hoping Phosphate is on the roadmap for the Future.
I dose 2 Part so Calcium/Mag is usually on track with ALK. (for now...that may change).

For me K might be useful since it's one of those touchy Additives I worry about over dosing.

As far as Nitrate. I wouldn't want to see mine since always too high, and I can't do anything about it.

I wonder if you can opt out of tests like ( Sodium & Nitrate), to OPTIONALLY use the Heads for Dosing.

I will give HATS off for continuing to do Standalone, rather than forcing folks like me to switch Controller Vendor, or even Same Vendor Controller Model.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PO4 didn't make it yet because of the small values and probe sensitivity at a fair price point
Interesting. I just did some looking around and there various ION probes out there. Some super crazy expensive for Labs.
Seems that PO4 measurement isn't possible with a ION probe. Or as you say not not possible since not accurate enough (for the levels we want in Reef tanks)

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ready to sign up for a pre-order! Very interested in it being “stand alone” also, but knowing me I’ll have to have the controller also.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very excited to see this!! I'm particularly excited about the nitrate testing.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back