Is my anemone dying

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats perfect. Man

Slow down bro, you're saying the lighting is perfect, and really it's not.

Do you know exactly what light fixture that is? Whats the watts, etc.

Obviously it's LED of some sort, but what kind of LED's? How much power? D

The OP said he didn't really know, so how can u be sure? Don't give the guy bad advice. His poor Nem might die.

BroRod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh there we go looks a lot like a marine land LED or solarflare style. How many bulbs / wattage per is good to know as well.

After seeing the setup the only concern is obviously length of cycling however chances are it'll be fine. Just let him settle I'm without messing with him too much. Or as an attempt, place him need the middle to top closer to the light without any flow so he won't blow off the rock and allow his foot to plant down. Then try feeding him in 3-4 days.
To quote myself here and agree with reefaholic. I said only what I "assumed" your light was. To know for certain if its adequate would be to know "how many bulbs/wattage per is good to know" to give a for sure answer this is some info you might like to provide and keep in your documentation somewhere. IMO if they're 2 watt LED bulbs and that is (from what I can see a 20/40 gallon acrylic tank then maybe that light may not be strong enough. And just by my guessing again judging by the look and by how thin the fixture is they wouldn't be adequate for much larger than a 20 gallon tank and placed on a 40 it'd be pushing it. Next (just another opinion of mine) you at want to consider raising the fixture just a had above the tank to get a more broad span and if it has the atinic/moonlight bulbs in the center strip then try keeping those on at the same time and make height adjustments from there.

If I'm a bit off base here I'm only giving my personal opinion and if someone here has a better way of explaining what I'm trying to say then help me out lol. It's early am and my brains on half mode when I wake up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back