ISO a dosing pump

MPH2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a 2 or 3 channel dosing pump like the jebao dp4 or similar a used one preferably due to price. Thanks

gt93pony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been searching for a dosing pump as well. I have read alot of negative reviews on the Jebao pumps particularly emptying the dosing container into the aquarium and loosing an entire tank of corals. Do some research before you make your mind up. Just my 2 cents.

Ryan15236

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing pumps are one thing that if it fails it can and probably will be a disaster. Jebao for me is find for their powerheads and maybe return pumps although I haven't used them. When I start dosing I will most likely go simple brs 1.1ml dosing pumps plugged into a timer or reef controller. Simple, cheap, reliable, if one pumps fails your not out a whole unit because I don't know if you can replace individual heads on some of the other units. Don't take my word on that but definitely something to look into.

willstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a used bubble magus doser in good condition. I can do $235 shipped. I also have the acrylic fluid containers for it. I can add 3 fluid container for an extra $50

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would Jebao pump works on timer too, how does it empty the full container? Lookinf for dosing pump also, trying to not spend as much.
Thanks

sevens_up77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would Jebao pump works on timer too, how does it empty the full container? Lookinf for dosing pump also, trying to not spend as much.
Thanks
I have a Jebao dp-4 and I love it. It is very accurate and has a built in timer so you program and forget, and remembers even if you lose power. For $69 on Amazon you can't beat it. I test my water regularly so if I think it's getting out of line I can just buy a new one for the same price as one Doser from a competitor.

sevens_up77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been searching for a dosing pump as well. I have read alot of negative reviews on the Jebao pumps particularly emptying the dosing container into the aquarium and loosing an entire tank of corals. Do some research before you make your mind up. Just my 2 cents.
I've looked all over and never seen a review like that.

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, i will get the Jebao, do you have to add check valve between ur container and the pump to avoid back siphon, or doesn't matter?

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes any tubing works remeber to pull the dosing tubes to get out the links when you get one

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx, any suggestions on which dosing tibe holder, it will be in my sump. I like the magnetic type

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, i will get the Jebao, do you have to add check valve between ur container and the pump to avoid back siphon, or doesn't matter?

I have the dp-4 doser and I only have one pump that I have to put a check valve on due to back siphon but works just fine. I think you can also take it apart and fix the line but I just did the valve.

I love my doser. I've had it 8 months no issues.

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had left over acrylic from my baffles that fit across the top also helped like a lid on the sump just drilled 4 holes in it tube holders complete :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.8%
Back