OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome set up, love the stand and power center, tank is amazing too!

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. I just winged it and hoped for the best :)

Amazing tank! Best SPS growth of all time lol. Keep the pics coming.

LOL Best SPS growth for me of all time, but I've seen faster growth :) I have some time off for a while so I will take lots of better quality photos this week. Thanks!

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rich, can you tell me some information about your experience with the Leopard wrasse? When/what order did you add it? What size was it when you introduced it to the tank? Does it have special needs in your opinion? If so, what? Things like that. ANy other comments on the other wrasses? The flames and Possum? Thanks Rich!!

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rich, can you tell me some information about your experience with the Leopard wrasse? When/what order did you add it? What size was it when you introduced it to the tank? Does it have special needs in your opinion? If so, what? Things like that. ANy other comments on the other wrasses? The flames and Possum? Thanks Rich!!

The Leopard Wrasses was one of the last few wrasses added. I had it for 6 months. When I first introduced this fish it stayed buried for 11 days. I thought it was goner but then it popped out, skinny looking, eating everything in site! This fish has been hardy and healthy since.It eats all the dry and frozen that I feed. The flame pair was the first new pair added to this tank when I started it, the possum wrasse I had for a year in a previous system (over 2 years total). All the wrasses play nice together. I did my best not to choose aggressive ones. My favorite is the Lineatus Wrasses. This fish has great personality and follows me all around the tank :)

beautiful! what MH bulb/s and T5s do you use? tanks!!!

Thanks. I'm using a 400w radium, 3 KZ blue + 1 kz purple, and 2 blue led reefbrites.

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's quite a feat having the leopard wrasse buried for that many days and then it lives! Wow! It must have been very healthy to begin with :0) If you were to start over with stocking, would you had started with the leopard fist? With my upgrade, I need more fish so I have been researching wrasses. I really like the Possum and Potter's Leopard. I have 2 wrasse right now and really like one of them (one is a 6 line) so I'm considering adding more. I'm going to have to read the threads here on wrasse:0)

ameach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your whole thread and all I can say is wow!!! Your tank is truly inspiring for sure. I just started my journey into sps not long ago, thanks for sharing your beautiful tank you may get about 5 million questions from me at one point haha again beautiful tank

Adam

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flame wrasse is my favorite. Does it get along well with the other wrasse like 6-lines and leopard?

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's quite a feat having the leopard wrasse buried for that many days and then it lives! Wow! It must have been very healthy to begin with :0) If you were to start over with stocking, would you had started with the leopard fist? With my upgrade, I need more fish so I have been researching wrasses. I really like the Possum and Potter's Leopard. I have 2 wrasse right now and really like one of them (one is a 6 line) so I'm considering adding more. I'm going to have to read the threads here on wrasse:0)

Yea definitely would have added the leopard first since it's pretty timid. Get rid of that six line asap if you want to have more wrasses. IME 6lines are the devil :)

Just read through your whole thread and all I can say is wow!!! Your tank is truly inspiring for sure. I just started my journey into sps not long ago, thanks for sharing your beautiful tank you may get about 5 million questions from me at one point haha again beautiful tank

Adam

Good luck keeping SPS. It's very rewarding when it all work out, but we all have our ups and downs so be prepared. Best piece of advice that I can give you is to copy the details of the systems that you admire most. Read through all the BS agenda driven advice/info and chose the equipment and techniques that are most proven.

flame wrasse is my favorite. Does it get along well with the other wrasse like 6-lines and leopard?

6lines suck, get rid of it lol seriously. All the fairy wrasses that I have get along well. The only wrasse that made me nervous was the labout's male, but he's been a model citizen.

Last edited:

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I will try to get him out:0) He's super fast for this old lady.:9( Can you message me Rich as to where you buy your wrasses? Also, what did you pay for the flame? What determines a "super" male? Is it having 2 males but the super is the dominate male? Thanks Rich!

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I will try to get him out:0) He's super fast for this old lady.:9( Can you message me Rich as to where you buy your wrasses? Also, what did you pay for the flame? What determines a "super" male? Is it having 2 males but the super is the dominate male? Thanks Rich!

I'll PM you info. All my fish were bought from different LFS's though so I don't think it will be much help.

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy growth! That rainbow tenuis is the first large colony I have seen. My favorite acro after millepora.

Thanks. Keeping full color on that piece has been a PITA. It needs direct bright light to display the red color, but the colony grows dense and actually shadows itself from its many growing branches. I recently repositioned the entire colony directly under the halide so I can get the entire piece to turn more red. So far it seems to be working. I'll get more pic of that one soon :)

akma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick.
How do you compare the kz blue and the kz purple to the ATI blue plus and purple plus?

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick.
How do you compare the kz blue and the kz purple to the ATI blue plus and purple plus?

I never ran purple plus before so I'm not really sure. The KZ blue is slighting more of a metallic blue than the ATI. Honestly, with the halide and the reefbrites I don't see a difference either way. I would use them interchangeably. Only reason why KZ blues are in there is because they were on sale for $10 :)

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo Jackson!! My favorite youtube vid! Its as you can see Orly20 you took the time the other day to respond to my comment on youtube.

I found your thread and it's been informative and great to see all the sps growth you get its amazing. Its kinda like your using some secret potion in your system. Keep up the updates in the new year and

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year Rich! Best wishes for continued outstanding success with your reef! Next time you head my way, I hope you can arrange time for us to meet! Hopefully my reef will have some sweet wrasses and sticks in it! I'm going to be putting some sticks in very soon! Wish me luck because I need it! Oh, my New's Year's Resolution is that this stick man named Rich takes a nice long video of his reef while telling his captive audience what corals and fish are being shown for our viewng pleasure!! Great Resolution, huh?! lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back