• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Joe Knows Reefs chalice Growout

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really pleased with how they are growing. I believe they will start to grow outward now. I would say we are not doing bad for just about 1 1/2 months in with what I believe could be as many as 5 new eyes growing.

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it has not been long but a small little update. I was feeding today and noticed that the Dynamite, flash bomb, atom bomb and merlin are starting to do some outward growth. I no longer can see the epoxy edge between the frag and epoxy. I believe the cosmic wonderland is going to be our slow grower for the growout. it only eats about every other time I feed the other chalices. So basically out of 4 feedings it eats 2 of them.

I just wanted to keep you guys up to date on what is going on with the chalices.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it has not been long but a small little update. I was feeding today and noticed that the Dynamite, flash bomb, atom bomb and merlin are starting to do some outward growth. I no longer can see the epoxy edge between the frag and epoxy. I believe the cosmic wonderland is going to be our slow grower for the growout. it only eats about every other time I feed the other chalices. So basically out of 4 feedings it eats 2 of them.

I just wanted to keep you guys up to date on what is going on with the chalices.

Try another food believe it or not I have started to feed 3 different foods because certain chalices like one food more then the other which makes sense. Especially baby eyes they tend to do best with one specific food I use.

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually I am really enjoying taking care of them. Seeing the difference in eating and how much. Some are quick eaters and some are slower.

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just want to say, this is my favorite growout going on right now! great pack joe!

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they eat better then me and more then me. they eat shrimp and extra stuff and i am eating P&J sandwiches. ;)

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Had just finished feeding the corals. I think we are starting to get some outward growth. you can see the chalice rim starting to be over the edge of the putty (can not see the edge of the putty)

Merlin (1 eye)
IMG_0153a.jpg

Rack City (5 eye)
IMG_0154a.jpg

Dynamite (1 eye)
IMG_0156a.jpg

Flash Bomb (2 eyes)
IMG_0158a.jpg

Atom Bomb (1 Eye)
IMG_0159a.jpg

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firebella (2 eyes with new one forming)
IMG_0160a.jpg

Cosmic Wonderland (1 eye rim seems to be getting thicker)
IMG_0161a.jpg

Cassklar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jim any updates on how there doin from a few weeks ago they are looking real nice great job

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is eating and doing good. We have a new eye on the Flash bomb and rack city one. I was planning on posting new pics on the weekend in the 20s. So it would be 6/23 if that is ok with every one. That would be a once a month picture update.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back