• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Joe Knows Reefs chalice Growout

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update time: I think we are starting to get some outward growth. We have some new eyes on some chalices. every body is eating well. Merlin does not seem to be as happy in the new spot I moved him to since last pics. Going to put him back in the orginal spot.

Atom bomb (2 eyes)

IMG_0181a.jpg

Rack city (7 eyes)
IMG_0182a.jpg

Merlin (1 big eye)
IMG_0183a.jpg

Firebella (3 eyes)
IMG_0184a.jpg

Cosmic wonderland ( 1 eyes but looks like something is happening at the very bottom edge. it is kind of orangy so could be another eyes forming)
IMG_0185a.jpg

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well had a little trouble with the tank. I think I got some kind of bacteria infection in the tank but have treated the tank and seems to be doing better now. Everything is doing fine except for the Cosmic wonderland where I had a little recession on the rim. I believe he is ok and moved him into a lower flow area. I am waiting to see it come back. So we had that little set back. Everything else is doing just fine.

banzai75x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well had a little trouble with the tank. I think I got some kind of bacteria infection in the tank but have treated the tank and seems to be doing better now. Everything is doing fine except for the Cosmic wonderland where I had a little recession on the rim. I believe he is ok and moved him into a lower flow area. I am waiting to see it come back. So we had that little set back. Everything else is doing just fine.

Wow. Hope everything is better now.

Jerwin, was wondering if you think some of the chalices could be shipped? What do you think about moving some of the guys to another grower's tank? That way we could minimize the risk in case something happens.

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its up to everyone. I believe that problem has under control. All the expensive ones are doing great. It is just the one in this growout. I believe i have resolved the issues. I have been watching everything very closely right now.

NJ Reef Farm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to know how you treated the tank. I'd love to have a whole tank treatment please enlighten us

if I read incorrect am sorry

RacinRevo0818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote is to leave them with Jerwin I doubt anyone in the group has the time and care he does!! He's a great grower and is doing exceptional and chalices are growing like crazy! Doing a great job Jerwin

Chaetomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jerwin great job, can you please tell me a few things as I recently purchased my first chalice from WWC.

1. How often do you feed them?
2. How do you know they are feeding?
3. How much light are you giving them?

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chaetomorpha

I am feeding every other day. Well when I put the mix of food over their mouth you can see them pull the food in their mouth and it disappears. I keep the chalices at the bottom of the tank. Most are in very low light and low flow. If you have any other PM them to me.

aautio1004

newbie in training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with leaving them with Jerwin and not moving them until its time for them to be split and shipped off to us...I think that'll minimize the risk of stress from shipping and different tank paramaters and what not.

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys Here is the updated pics.

Rack City (7 eyes)
IMG_0194a.jpg

Fireballa (4 eyes)

IMG_0195a.jpg

Dynamite (2 eyes)
IMG_0196a.jpg

Flash Bomb (3 eyes)
IMG_0197a.jpg

Atom Bomb (2 eyes)
IMG_0198a.jpg

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back