• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Joe's Annual Back to School FLASH SALE!!! - August 7th - OFFICIAL THREAD!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. I'm still chipping at a few more messages and a couple PMs too. I'm trying to ensure everyone is handled appropriately enough that there will not be a need for further clarification, what type of freebie this person wants or wanted etc.

For those people on the fence about shipping...
Monday shipping is ALWAYS preferred to Thursday shipping.

If a Thursday shipment is delayed or mishandled by FedEx, it doesn't arrive until 4 days later on Monday.

If a Monday shipment is delayed or mishandled, it arrives 2 days later on Wednesday.

Monday (or after) is preferred and as such, preferential treatment will be given to those w regard to freebies/discounts.

Thank YOUUUUU!

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another day of being told I’d be shipping, and no tracking. Did anyone else get a tracking number for delivery tomorrow?

Last edited:

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you were supposed to ship today also?
Not that I was aware of, it was supposed to ship like 2 weeks ago but yeah. Joe will come through, I'm not too worried. Sucks that this is going on but we're human and life happens

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I was aware of, it was supposed to ship like 2 weeks ago but yeah. Joe will come through, I'm not too worried. Sucks that this is going on but we're human and life happens
Trust me I understand being human and life happens, but when it’s the 6th time since the sale you’ve been told it’ll ship, which involves lost work hours to receive a package that doesn’t come, it makes it hard to believe in someone “coming through”……

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to share my experience so far in regards to this Livesale.
I participated in the sale with buying a shipping module and purchasing corals. I spent a little over a $100 and I also purchased corals with $300 of store credit I received from the grand prize drawing.
Since 8-7 I have had numerous text conversations & numerous phone calls with Joe. These communications being in regards to the 6 promised shipping dates that he failed to ship. The first two shipping dates I called off of work because I don’t let coral boxes sit on the porch in the 90 degree heat, costing myself 20 hours of overtime at work. With each missed shipping date, Joe tries to smooth things over by offering “freebies”, but what good are freebies if you never get your order.
So with everything said, I’ve cost myself around $500 of lost pay at work, hours of frustration, I’ve rearranged family plans multiple times, and I’ve driven my wife crazy with my frustrations.
I have participated in many Livesales over the past two years from vendors across the United States. I have had excellent service and any coral issues handled promptly and professionally. No other vendor has missed a single shipping date. My most recent interaction with Joe was yesterday. At 10:30am he messaged asking if I wanted shipping yesterday (Thursday) or on Monday, I asked him to ship yesterday. Texts throughout the day weren’t replied to, when I called multiple times in the evening it went to voicemail without even ringing, and I received no tracking email. Another failed promise of shipping.
I’ve messaged with other buyers from this sale who are having similar shipping issues and being ignored by Joe, we all are greatly frustrated.
I’ve never been treated like this in my 46 years of life and interactions like this take away from how amazing this hobby is. Please take note of this kind of service when purchasing in future Livesales with Joe Knows Reefs.
If my stuff can’t be shipped today for Saturday delivery tomorrow I’d rather just get refunded then deal with this hassle. I understand his explanation yesterday of life events happening, we all have them. But then to ask me about shipping it yesterday and not following through after those posts he did, that means his posts asking for forgiveness were just for show……

Jay OR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bored GIF by IFHT Films

Pattys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I participated in the sale with buying a shipping module and purchasing corals. I spent a little over a $100 and I also purchased corals with $300 of store credit I received from the grand prize drawing.
Since 8-7 I have had numerous text conversations & numerous phone calls with Joe. These communications being in regards to the 6 promised shipping dates that he failed to ship. The first two shipping dates I called off of work because I don’t let coral boxes sit on the porch in the 90 degree heat, costing myself 20 hours of overtime at work. With each missed shipping date, Joe tries to smooth things over by offering “freebies”, but what good are freebies if you never get your order.
So with everything said, I’ve cost myself around $500 of lost pay at work, hours of frustration, I’ve rearranged family plans multiple times, and I’ve driven my wife crazy with my frustrations.
I have participated in many Livesales over the past two years from vendors across the United States. I have had excellent service and any coral issues handled promptly and professionally. No other vendor has missed a single shipping date. My most recent interaction with Joe was yesterday. At 10:30am he messaged asking if I wanted shipping yesterday (Thursday) or on Monday, I asked him to ship yesterday. Texts throughout the day weren’t replied to, when I called multiple times in the evening it went to voicemail without even ringing, and I received no tracking email. Another failed promise of shipping.
I’ve messaged with other buyers from this sale who are having similar shipping issues and being ignored by Joe, we all are greatly frustrated.
I’ve never been treated like this in my 46 years of life and interactions like this take away from how amazing this hobby is. Please take note of this kind of service when purchasing in future Livesales with Joe Knows Reefs.
If my stuff can’t be shipped today for Saturday delivery tomorrow I’d rather just get refunded then deal with this hassle. I understand his explanation yesterday of life events happening, we all have them. But then to ask me about shipping it yesterday and not following through after those posts he did, that means his posts asking for forgiveness were just for show……
Last weekend i posted on R2R and complained to the people who run this forum. Joe contacted me right away. He told me he will refund me everything and ship my corals. i got messages that it was refunded on the website, waited for my credit card to confirm credit, and nothing. I honestly have been so busy at work all week and took Joe's word that he refunded me, until now. I reached out to him on Thursday and he said he was getting my order together at that time. thought i would have my order today..LOL...
Again I texted him via messenger on FB - I know that the message is read and nothing.

I am contacting my credit card company tomorrow and having them retrieve my money.

I have been ordering from Joe for a few years now, and he has always been a little late with my shipments, but he more than made up for the mishap.

I am very upset that a small business vendor would ruin their reputation like this. It is literally unbelievable.

I will never order from him again. Oh I forgot to mention he told me that he had credits on my account, Do i really need to say, I do not. No surprise.

I have never had anything happen like this to me personally or professionally.

I am a buyer by trade and been in this profession for 20 years.

Joe I understand things happen, and you cannot follow through with shipment--us the customer should decide if we want the shipment by waiting or our money back. If we want our money back you should refund us -really refund us, not keep buying time and saying you're shipping when you know as well as everyone else that you are not shipping anything.

I cannot convey how upset i am right now.

Last edited:

FFJB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you received anything at all? Man. Just doesn’t seem like the joe I know

reefl8r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m supposed to be shipping out Monday for Tuesday delivery

OP
OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all. @Saminpa has a box arriving today and @Pattys has one arriving Tuesday.
Anyone else who might be hanging out there, please send a fresh new text or PM on here.
I just want to make sure nobody else is missing an item or anything else.

@Saminpa please report back with after receiving your corals.

Thank YOUUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 102 49.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back