• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Joe's Annual Back to School FLASH SALE!!! - August 7th - OFFICIAL THREAD!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all. @Saminpa has a box arriving today and @Pattys has one arriving Tuesday.
Anyone else who might be hanging out there, please send a fresh new text or PM on here.
I just want to make sure nobody else is missing an item or anything else.

@Saminpa please report back with after receiving your corals.

Thank YOUUUUU!
Joe

would be happy with my money back please--I just want my softee coral that died & you were going to replace.

thanks.

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe is correct, i did receive a box today finally.

While I’m happy i got something over nothing, he substituted parts of what i i ordered. His reasoning was “the ones I sent are bigger and more valuable and look nicer!! Maybe to others they do, but i had specific things i wanted.

I Ordered 4 acros, he sent 3, and only one of them I ordered. Paid for a jf fox flame, tyree pinky the bear, Christmas Mirabilis that I didn’t receive. He substituted two montipora I ordered with different ones, and my freebies for all the hassle were two montipora‍♂️

Im not even going through the hassle of complaining anymore or requesting anything. This was a failure of a sale from a vendor I put faith in. In the future I’ll stick with vendors i can trust and rely on.

Jay OR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry dog GIF

FFJB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe is correct, i did receive a box today finally.

While I’m happy i got something over nothing, he substituted parts of what i i ordered. His reasoning was “the ones I sent are bigger and more valuable and look nicer!! Maybe to others they do, but i had specific things i wanted.

I Ordered 4 acros, he sent 3, and only one of them I ordered. Paid for a jf fox flame, tyree pinky the bear, Christmas Mirabilis that I didn’t receive. He substituted two montipora I ordered with different ones, and my freebies for all the hassle were two montipora‍♂️

Im not even going through the hassle of complaining anymore or requesting anything. This was a failure of a sale from a vendor I put faith in. In the future I’ll stick with vendors i can trust and rely on.
What acros did you receive ?

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all. @Saminpa has a box arriving today and @Pattys has one arriving Tuesday.
Anyone else who might be hanging out there, please send a fresh new text or PM on here.
I just want to make sure nobody else is missing an item or anything else.

@Saminpa please report back with after receiving your corals.

Thank YOUUUUU!
I sent you a message on here and on your website last week. Then I sent you a text on Thursday but haven’t heard anything back yet. Please cancel my order and issue a refund. I’m not going to be able to take another day off anytime soon to receive the package.
No hard feelings, but please just refund my money so we can have a resolution that’s fair.

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I sent you a message on here and on your website last week. Then I sent you a text on Thursday but haven’t heard anything back yet. Please cancel my order and issue a refund. I’m not going to be able to take another day off anytime soon to receive the package.
No hard feelings, but please just refund my money so we can have a resolution that’s fair.
This is where I'm at now as well. I have to go out of town next week for work and it's been what, over 3 weeks now? I'm patient and understanding but this is a bit much.

@Joe Knows Reefs sorry brotha, I understand that life happens and things are hard but you haven't responded to any of my texts since the 16th, including texts I've sent over the last several days. I don't have any confidence at the moment that you'll respond to my messages here or in text so I'll ask here and in text to cancel and refund my order. I'd rather not have to reach out to my credit card company so hopefully you're able to make this happen ASAP.

Order numbers 11599, 11596, 11569, 11564, 11552 and 11533. Was really looking forward to that rainbow chalice, too. Oh well.

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What acros did you receive ?
Daredevil (I ordered), mango garden(didn’t order), and one not labeled with a name that i didn’t order that looks blah colored. I was told the replacements were an “executive decision”. Like what the heck, I picked stuff because I wanted to add certain colors that fit my preferences

JamesdaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order my new book pmsl

https://www.amazon.com/first-change-become-aware-crap/dp/1658759427

it's a real book but not really mine, just funny and fitting here me thinks

Pattys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay OR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How fitting--Sad part is that you, at least me, doesn't want to think they have been taken advantage of, and want to see the good in things, which makes it harder and is very upsetting.
I dont think it's being taken advantage of. I think JKR may be struggling abit, at least part of this year. It looks like Joe may be at least slightly distracted with some personal issues that may be bleeding in to the business.
Anytime theres been in issue in the past, and in a dozen years (and they've been few and far between until this year), Joe has made right. Customer service and satisfaction were the norm. Is that the case in this sale? Obviously not 100 percent. Has his communication been lax? Seems so. Does he usually make up for any mishap with more coral? Yes. If it's been 2 or 3 weeks because of shipping delays, what's another week? I dont agree with how this has been handled but I'm not in his shoes.
Maybe he just needs a little more time to get his stuff straight and bounce back
Just some thoughts.
Saints And Sinners Lol GIF by Bounce

Jay OR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walk a mile in another dogs shoes
Dog Shoes GIF

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think it's being taken advantage of. I think JKR may be struggling abit, at least part of this year. It looks like Joe may be at least slightly distracted with some personal issues that may be bleeding in to the business.
Anytime theres been in issue in the past, and in a dozen years (and they've been few and far between until this year), Joe has made right. Customer service and satisfaction were the norm. Is that the case in this sale? Obviously not 100 percent. Has his communication been lax? Seems so. Does he usually make up for any mishap with more coral? Yes. If it's been 2 or 3 weeks because of shipping delays, what's another week? I dont agree with how this has been handled but I'm not in his shoes.
Maybe he just needs a little more time to get his stuff straight and bounce back
Just some thoughts.
If you read my post above about him choosing to replace corals I chose, spent money to purchase, because of what he called an executive decision, because HE feels are nicer corals, that isn’t making anything right, that’s creating a whole different problem. I didn’t even get what I paid for!!!! Tac on the fact that he claimed he’d “load me up” with extra for the weeks of frustration and my wage losses, only to send two small cheap frags of montipora as extra, it’s all just wrong man.

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent money on 4 acro I specifically wanted for MY tank. Only to get 3 acro, only one being what I paid for.

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay then when he figures his stuff out I'll shop his live sales again. He can take all the time he needs to get his house in order but he needs to respect the customers who participated in the live sale and do right by us. I like supporting folks like Joe, but lets be real here. Services were paid for and there has been basically zero communication on his end and some folks who actually did get their order aren't even getting what they paid for.

I hope he's OK and is able to gather himself for his own sake but its just not acceptable for this type of customer service. I've seen people suggest finding another LFS over a sales rep not feeding a fish when asked to, I think spending $300 and receiving nothing for weeks is a fair reason to be salty.

Just some thoughts.

Jay OR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No where in my comment did I say I agreed with substitutions not agreed upon. I also stated the current state of JKR is not the norm of years in the trade. I wouldnt be happy either. Something more important than business must be looming. Some customers will weather the storm and some will move on to other vendors. People make mistakes and have poor judgement. Hes only human

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No where in my comment did I say I agreed with substitutions not agreed upon. I also stated the current state of JKR is not the norm of years in the trade. I wouldnt be happy either. Something more important than business must be looming. Some customers will weather the storm and some will move on to other vendors. People make mistakes and have poor judgement. Hes only human
Trust me, I get life happening. Hell 7 weeks ago I had emergency cancer surgery and life was in shambles for a month, I get it.

I’m a fair guy that gives everyone the benefit of the doubt until I have a reason not to do so. That point was reached after 5 broken shipping promises and even worse is to get shipping and then get crapped on with what I received.

This could have ALL been avoided with one simple post in this sale thread in regards to emergencies taking priority. Instead we got either ignored or fed lies, poor follow through on promises, and basically cheated with substitutions.

No benefit of the doubt is deserved in this instance. He created the issue himself and deserves to be called out on it. Enough said!!!!

reefl8r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty today is the day
My package ships out today arrives tomorrow morning

GCode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if mine will ship today... Been told it would ship like 3 or 4 times already... Texted him for a status and told him to refund my money if it dont ship today... We shall see but im not optimistic at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 73 53.3%
  • NO

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back