• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Joe's Annual Back to School FLASH SALE!!! - August 7th - OFFICIAL THREAD!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll provide an update when my order gets here, Joe texted me earlier letting me know that my order is at UPS and is shipping today so it should be here tomorrow. Had to cancel my disputes with my CC that I started yesterday, but it is what it is. I'm hopeful but yeah, I will definitely follow up since this situation and everyone involved deserves one.
I wouldn’t have canceled the dispute until I had a tracking number

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got a tracking number ?
Nope, just going to assume this time its legit. I was actually on the phone with my CC company giving them information about the items I bought, when it was supposed to arrive, etc. when he texted me saying it was dropped off at UPS. I have 120 days to dispute the claim and when I was canceling the dispute they told me if it doesn't arrive within the next few days then to just give them a call again and they'll reopen the case and push it through.

I'm not worried or even frustrated anymore, I just want this experience to be over. If it comes great, if it doesn't then my CC has assured me that with all of issues discussed here, in texts, etc. that I'll get my money back and I'll just move on with my life. One thing is certain, I will be very selective of who I purchase from in the future.
I wouldn’t have canceled the dispute until I had a tracking number
It was my Credit Card company who advised me to cancel for now and see if the product is delivered as promised and its what I ordered. If not then they gave me their direct number to reopen and continue the dispute.

Pattys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already feel bad for the people who are going to buy in his November sale he has every year. Since vendors pay r2r to have sales, I’m sure they won’t turn his money away
you could always drop in the sale and expose him

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very sorry everyone.
If you have sent a text or other communication, I am tackling them right now, one by one.

WE ARE SHIPPING TODAY!!!!

The only caveat, I will be shipping UPS from this point forward unless of course someone specifically requests FedEx. FedEx suspended their Service Agreement in 2020 and things are not getting any better. Their delivery times and guarantees have been pushed back and also suspended. Whenever they lift the suspension, guaranteed delivery times will be later than expected.
1030 became 1200
1200 became 1630
1630 became 2100

UPS offers a type of insurance for livestock vendors that would have been immensely useful over the last 2 weeks.
If you have other questions or concerns, or need anything, pease feel free to reach out on our phone. If you already have sent a text, it will be responded to within the hour.
If you left a VM, those responses will follow the text messages, as will PMs, emails, FB, IG and CIA.

PHONE: (843) 224-1776

Thank YOUUUUU!
I am very much embarrassed and ashamed of this fallout. However, I will make sure everyone here is taken care of and not left out to dry.
I’ve contacted you numerous times about just refunding my money. No response to any of my messages. On your website my order still shows as “awaiting fulfillment “ and since I didn’t get a tracking number I’m guessing that it’s still not shipped out. Please do the right thing and just give me a refund. This is completely unacceptable. Other people may know and trust you, but you’ve given me no reason to have faith in your promises. Please just give me my money back! I work too hard to be taken advantage of. Enough is enough.

Pattys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All --
I contacted my credit card company--I asked for several refunds from Joe; to be exact 3. He said it takes awhile. On the website, it says refunded, and it has said that for 2 weeks. He contacted me Saturday, and he said he refunded me again, and it takes 3-5 days. I gave him benefit of the doubt and contacted my credit card company today, instead of sooner, waiting for this refund; they are disputing this for me.
This was a total waste of time. I understand people have issues, and things come up, but seriously then take the time to explain that there is an emergency and give us a refund or if you give us an order, give us what we actually order or win for that matter. We all work very hard for our money and it is each of our decisions to buy something, ask for a refund or wait for the items. Joe never gave us that option. Joe made the decision for each of us, either shipped someone the wrong items that they did not order--"executive decision" was his words. We asked for a refund, still no one saw a refund. We all have been more than patient. I don't understand why he doesn't give us a refund. He said yesterday he was going thru messages. I get a hundred messages a day if not more and go thru each of them. What is the issue other than wasting our time and frustrating us more, and making this matter worse.

Jay OR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry everyone
Amazon Studios Idk GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry everyone
Amazon Studios Idk GIF by Amazon Prime Video
I mean, unless you're Joe on an alt then its not your fault. I get wanting to defend your friend or someone who in the past has always done right. It happens, heck, I was even defending Joe at the start as well but as time went on and more people spoke up about having the same issue it, became hard/impossible to defend.

I think we're all still somewhat hopeful he pulls through, those were some sweet pieces of coral for good prices.. but I think deep down we all know we're going to have to do chargebacks and wait God knows how long before for our CC/Banks to return our money.

Jay OR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, unless you're Joe on an alt then its not your fault. I get wanting to defend your friend or someone who in the past has always done right. It happens, heck, I was even defending Joe at the start as well but as time went on and more people spoke up about having the same issue it, became hard/impossible to defend.

I think we're all still somewhat hopeful he pulls through, those were some sweet pieces of coral for good prices.. but I think deep down we all know we're going to have to do chargebacks and wait God knows how long before for our CC/Banks to return our money.
That fish always disturbs me lol
but thanks, I just hate it. Wish there was something I could do to resolve this for everyone involved, Joe included. I know in my heart he never meant for this to happen the way it has

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All --
I contacted my credit card company--I asked for several refunds from Joe; to be exact 3. He said it takes awhile. On the website, it says refunded, and it has said that for 2 weeks. He contacted me Saturday, and he said he refunded me again, and it takes 3-5 days. I gave him benefit of the doubt and contacted my credit card company today, instead of sooner, waiting for this refund; they are disputing this for me.
This was a total waste of time. I understand people have issues, and things come up, but seriously then take the time to explain that there is an emergency and give us a refund or if you give us an order, give us what we actually order or win for that matter. We all work very hard for our money and it is each of our decisions to buy something, ask for a refund or wait for the items. Joe never gave us that option. Joe made the decision for each of us, either shipped someone the wrong items that they did not order--"executive decision" was his words. We asked for a refund, still no one saw a refund. We all have been more than patient. I don't understand why he doesn't give us a refund. He said yesterday he was going thru messages. I get a hundred messages a day if not more and go thru each of them. What is the issue other than wasting our time and frustrating us more, and making this matter worse.
I’ve contacted my credit card company also. Initially after I found out that my box didn’t ship I was totally chill about the situation but after being ignored for a couple of weeks I’m LIVID! Throwing $250 in the trash was never part of this plan. All I know is I’ve gotten nothing to show for it and not even the common courtesy of a response but yet the charges are still on my bank statement. I’ve been trying to convince my husband that I’m not an idiot who fell for a scam on the internet. Yeah, that’s a terrible feeling but he has a point.

Richyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve contacted my credit card company also. Initially after I found out that my box didn’t ship I was totally chill about the situation but after being ignored for a couple of weeks I’m LIVID! Throwing $250 in the trash was never part of this plan. All I know is I’ve gotten nothing to show for it and not even the common courtesy of a response but yet the charges are still on my bank statement. I’ve been trying to convince my husband that I’m not an idiot who fell for a scam on the internet. Yeah, that’s a terrible feeling but he has a point.
Dont feel too bad. 99% of the vendors are very reputable on this platform.

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont feel too bad. 99% of the vendors are very reputable on this platform.
It just sucks, I've ordered from him before and it was fine. I feel like now I HAVE to shop at the bigger names in order to avoid getting scammed. I love WWC, Tidal Gardens, etc. but its nice to support the little guy. Joe has pretty much killed that for me.

reefl8r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah If I don’t get a label by 7 est I’m filling a charge back tonight

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah If I don’t get a label by 7 est I’m filling a charge back tonight
It's not coming man, Joe's told me 4 or 5 times mines being shipped. Hell, he told me on Tuesday the order was literally at UPS. Might as well get the ball rolling and start the dispute now

Pattys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not coming man, Joe's told me 4 or 5 times mines being shipped. Hell, he told me on Tuesday the order was literally at UPS. Might as well get the ball rolling and start the dispute now
I still don’t get it. I guess I am too trusting

why wouldn’t you be honest with everyone.
say hey- I screwed up here’s your money back.

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still don’t get it. I guess I am too trusting

why wouldn’t you be honest with everyone.
say hey- I screwed up here’s your money back.
I'm the same way. I thought when he texted me back that he was for real. Nope, now I gotta jump through some hoops to reopen my dispute lol

It is what it is, hopefully he's not able to scam others on this board ever again

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel for all of you writing above me. I know it can be said “at least I got something”, but imagine opening a box and 7 out of 10 corals you ordered weren’t in the box because they were substituted and absolutely none of the promised freebies for compensation. I was even more disappointed then when I had no box. Ugh!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 44 26.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 40 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 41 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back