• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Joe's Annual Back to School FLASH SALE!!! - August 7th - OFFICIAL THREAD!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's not coming man, Joe's told me 4 or 5 times mines being shipped. Hell, he told me on Tuesday the order was literally at UPS. Might as well get the ball rolling and start the dispute now
I had enough minor problems with Joe in the past i contacted a friend in the businees immediately when the corals were not shipped as scheduled and Joe was not replying to emails or voicemails. They relayed a story about Joe at Reefapalooza and recommeded contacting my CC company without delay. My account was credited within 2 days. if the vendor does not ship when originally scheduled and is not replying they will credit you.

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had enough minor problems with Joe in the past i contacted a friend in the businees immediately when the corals were not shipped as scheduled and Joe was not replying to emails or voicemails. They relayed a story about Joe at Reefapalooza and recommeded contacting my CC company without delay. My account was credited within 2 days. if the vendor does not ship when originally scheduled and is not replying they will credit you.
I'm really curious to see what happens to his status as a vendor here on R2R, if anything. I went back and looked at his previous live sales and it looks like this happens every time, except in past sales he would eventually ship stuff out, but it never got THIS bad. Shipping delays and not receiving what you actually ordered seems to be pretty common. Super disappointing

Jay OR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back and looked at his previous live sales and it looks like this happens every time
In 2022, all the sales seemed to have issues of one sort or another. This is true. In his entire history, this is not the case at all. If fact, the complete opposite.
I am not at liberty to discuss why there may be a difference between this year and the 8 or 10 years prior but people who have been involved in these sales for years know this is very different.

Now in no way am I condoning any of this behavior or asking anyone to drink the current Kool-aid.

I hope everyone gets what's owed to them or gets reimbursed or made whole and by no means is this the norm for most vendors who are allowed to participate in live sales on R2R.

I would say to check the vendor reviews. That wouldn't have saved you from this current debacle as JKR has had years of mostly glowing reviews with a smattering of "just can't be made happy" people.

This clearly is not the case on this sale unfortunately

wb4fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add me to the list, make a sizable purchase during the sale have yet to receive it. Will think twice about dealing with anyone on R2R Was thinking about joining R2R now wondering if it’s a scam too. I’d welcome any thoughts, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 18565978-EA0F-41F0-A0D4-4BD84DE21055.jpeg
    18565978-EA0F-41F0-A0D4-4BD84DE21055.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 91

Richyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Add me to the list, make a sizable purchase during the sale have yet to receive it. Will think twice about dealing with anyone on R2R Was thinking about joining R2R now wondering if it’s a scam too. I’d welcome any thoughts, thanks in advance.
Not R2R's fault! Joe is melting down over something Rev could not anticipate.

Richyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been dealing with dealers and individuals on this site for 7 years and this was the first major problem. Always use a CC and be prepared with all the details. PayPal is a little harder to get a credit from based on what i have been told.

Jay OR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will think twice about dealing with anyone on R2R Was thinking about joining R2R now wondering if it’s a scam too.
Truly bad vendors with live sales here on R2R are virtually unheard of at this point. Particular isolated instances where one sponsored vendor screws up....well that happens few and far between.

Sale outcomes like what appears to be going on here just don't happen without that vendor just losing all credibility. This could not have been seen with any forethought.

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In 2022, all the sales seemed to have issues of one sort or another. This is true. In his entire history, this is not the case at all. If fact, the complete opposite.
I am not at liberty to discuss why there may be a difference between this year and the 8 or 10 years prior but people who have been involved in these sales for years know this is very different.

Now in no way am I condoning any of this behavior or asking anyone to drink the current Kool-aid.

I hope everyone gets what's owed to them or gets reimbursed or made whole and by no means is this the norm for most vendors who are allowed to participate in live sales on R2R.

I would say to check the vendor reviews. That wouldn't have saved you from this current debacle as JKR has had years of mostly glowing reviews with a smattering of "just can't be made happy" people.

I mean, I didn't look at every sale the dude has ever had, but I didn't have to go back that far to see this isn't new. This entire situation is sad, not just for us who were mislead and lied to but for Joe as well.

I just hope my refund comes through fast enough so I can sign up for the partner membership, I want that fancy sweater lol

wb4fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input, I’m glad to hear this is not common. Just one heck of a welcome for a new guy. Iv owned several businesses over the years (not pet related) and would never think of lying to my customers. I just wish this would be resolved soon but then again I wish I was 35 again LOL.

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel for all of you writing above me. I know it can be said “at least I got something”, but imagine opening a box and 7 out of 10 corals you ordered weren’t in the box because they were substituted and absolutely none of the promised freebies for compensation. I was even more disappointed then when I had no box. Ugh!!!!!
That’s as bad, if not worse. I was at least able to tell my bank I hadn’t received anything. I’m so sorry for your situation too.

Pattys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I remember i signed into an online R2R a while ago-last year i think. But someone was trashing Joe. I stuck up for him and said something to the guy. He was never like this. I also joined his Facebook bids.

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry to see you all going thru this. I contacted joe about getting some pictures of a coral he had (right after live sale ended),. (Which he never did.) he said hed send ime the picture the next day. Glad it never happened as i would have probably purchased it and then been right where all you guys are at now.

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a lot of good experiences on R2R with live sales. R2R is definitely legit as are the other vendors I’ve done business with. I’m proud to be a part of this community - there are a lot of great people on here.

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is saying 60 days to process the dispute. Super frustrating.

reefl8r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a package tomorrow hopefully it’s what I ordered

Attachments

• 550E47DA-E112-4CC3-AFDE-B5517CC7EAF0.jpeg
    550E47DA-E112-4CC3-AFDE-B5517CC7EAF0.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 73

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s as bad, if not worse. I was at least able to tell my bank I hadn’t received anything. I’m so sorry for your situation too.
Yeah my bank won’t open a refund claim because I was honest and said i got 1/4 of my order and other stuff I didn’t. They aren’t sure how to compensate ‍♂️

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are VERY aware of what’s going on here. We are also discussing this issue from an R2R administration standpoint. Our hope is that each one of you will get a positive resolution that works for you, from Joe Knows Reefs, within the next 24 hours. This is not okay. We are closely monitoring this situation.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back