• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Joe's Annual Back to School FLASH SALE!!! - August 7th - OFFICIAL THREAD!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are VERY aware of what’s going on here. We are also discussing this issue from an R2R administration standpoint. Our hope is that each one of you will get a positive resolution that works for you, from Joe Knows Reefs, within the next 24 hours. This is not okay. We are closely monitoring this situation.

Thank you.
Thanks so much. I’ve always had good experiences with live sales until now. For any new people here, I can tell you that this isn’t the way these sales usually go.

Jay OR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't the Joe I know. This is "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" Joe. A shell that looks and sounds like Joe, but just isn't. I miss that guy.

He was my friend and I would've done anything for that guy. That guy trusted me with the keys to his building the day I met him. We clicked. We've been through so many adventures and so many talks and shared so much.

This guy. Well, @revhtree doesn't allow the language I would and have said about this guy in 2022, with increasing regularity. That other guy would kick this guys butt. As would many of you.

I personally have berated, in what I felt was a guiding way, for some time and was met with appreciation but not what I felt was much change. My opinion, not fact.

I would ask that some of you put aside your experience here, and your financial loss, and think about what would make a person let a successful business and stellar reputation deteriorate to this level and fall so far so fast and then maybe, after reflection, just say a prayer there but by the grace of God, or whatever you believe, go I.

We can all slip and fall down the hill, or hole or whatever.

In the end, there are more things than money. For some of us here, it's just a financial setback. For others involved, it could be a lot more

Opinion Imo GIF by Peloton

reefl8r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well boys and girls he’s taking 25% from us cuz he can’t run a business

Attachments

• 0D944B7B-7677-4288-BAE2-E5C158AFD797.png
    0D944B7B-7677-4288-BAE2-E5C158AFD797.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 8DB41174-E399-49B6-8158-B90081BB2379.png
    8DB41174-E399-49B6-8158-B90081BB2379.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 144

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow.. he wants to charge you a 25% fee. This has almost become comical at this point. (Not the fact yall are being screwed over).

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't the Joe I know. This is "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" Joe. A shell that looks and sounds like Joe, but just isn't. I miss that guy.

He was my friend and I would've done anything for that guy. That guy trusted me with the keys to his building the day I met him. We clicked. We've been through so many adventures and so many talks and shared so much.

This guy. Well, @revhtree doesn't allow the language I would and have said about this guy in 2022, with increasing regularity. That other guy would kick this guys butt. As would many of you.

I personally have berated, in what I felt was a guiding way, for some time and was met with appreciation but not what I felt was much change. My opinion, not fact.

I would ask that some of you put aside your experience here, and your financial loss, and think about what would make a person let a successful business and stellar reputation deteriorate to this level and fall so far so fast and then maybe, after reflection, just say a prayer there but by the grace of God, or whatever you believe, go I.

We can all slip and fall down the hill, or hole or whatever.

In the end, there are more things than money. For some of us here, it's just a financial setback. For others involved, it could be a lot more

Opinion Imo GIF by Peloton
See here’s why I have an issue. You didn’t participate in this sale, you didn’t spend your hard earned money in this sale, you weren’t given a month long runaround with this sale.

Joe is not the only one who experiences challenges in life. You want a story, I’ll give you one. 6 weeks ago, 2 days after being diagnosed, I had cancer removal surgery. The day after that surgery, my wife’s mother passed away!!!

Participating in this sale was something enjoyable for me during a very tough time in life, being successful in this hobby is soothing for me.

With everything said, are you or your friend Joe considering my situation or anyone else’s for that matter? Considering what we all are going through in life, our hardships we encounter?

I had two choices 6 weeks ago with my situation. I could pick up the pieces or I could fail myself, my family, and my friends. I chose to fight sir, so that I didn’t affect other lives.

So I’ll end with saying this. Please don’t tell us to chalk this up as an acceptable loss and move on with our lives, that’s easy for you to do in response to a friendship, and a business you hold a stake in. We have all tried for weeks to continue communication with Joe and simply get what we paid for, only to be lied to, and be fed false promises. We are entitled to either receive our goods we paid for or a simple refund and you sir have no right to ask us to consider otherwise………..

OP
OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. It's a new day and new opportunities. I thank you all for investing your time, money and faith in our business and me. To say that this is nothing short of embarrassing is an understatement. However, I am here this morning with resolutions or the hopes thereof. As it stands, business operations will be hitting the pause button for an undetermined amount of time, begining this week. In the interim, I would like to offer a solution to everyone involved.

If you have yet to receive your order or resolution,
PLEASE REPLY HERE IN THE THREAD OR SEND AN EMAIL TO SALES AT JOEKNOWSREEFS DOT COM. In the title of the email, please use the following format:
*CLEANUP for J. Smith Order 11120*

Just use first initial and last name and one of your order numbers. I will reply within 12 hours and we'll get you squared away.

OTHERWISE, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING FURTHER REPLIES IF NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS FINAL GROUP OF CUSTOMERS.

For a resolution, we will extend to each affected customer the following 3 options:

1 - SHIPPING - Ship on one of the following weeks: 9/12-10/3. If you choose this option, you will be issued a livestock credit equal to 50% of your original order totals (minus shipping Module). I.e. if your original orders totaled $100 without the shipping module, you will IMMEDIATELY be issued a $50 livestock credit which CAN BE USED IMMEDIATELY and all items will shipped together.

2 - LIVESTOCK CREDIT - no shipping or refund. Receive 200% of original total purchase in livestock credit for use after 10/3

3 - Refund and $25 credit

Thank YOUUUUU and I hope today brings each of you a smile and happiness. It already has for me :)

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. It's a new day and new opportunities. I thank you all for investing your time, money and faith in our business and me. To say that this is nothing short of embarrassing is an understatement. However, I am here this morning with resolutions or the hopes thereof. As it stands, business operations will be hitting the pause button for an undetermined amount of time, begining this week. In the interim, I would like to offer a solution to everyone involved.

PLEASE REPLY HERE IN THE THREAD OR SEND AN EMAIL TO SALES AT JOEKNOWSREEFS DOT COM. In the title of the email, please use the following format:

Just use first initial and last name and one of your order numbers. I will reply within 12 hours and we'll get you squared away.

OTHERWISE, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING FURTHER REPLIES IF NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS FINAL GROUP OF CUSTOMERS.

For a resolution, we will extend to each affected customer the following 3 options:

1 - SHIPPING - Ship on one of the following weeks: 9/12-10/3. If you choose this option, you will be issued a livestock credit equal to 50% of your original order totals (minus shipping Module). I.e. if your original orders totaled $100 without the shipping module, you will IMMEDIATELY be issued a $50 livestock credit which CAN BE USED IMMEDIATELY and all items will shipped together.

2 - LIVESTOCK CREDIT - no shipping or refund. Receive 200% of original total purchase in livestock credit for use after 10/3

Thank YOUUUUU and I hope today brings each of you a smile and happiness. It already has for me :)

Sam Seiders, 11602 is one of the orders. I did receive a box as you know, but 3 acro I ordered weren’t in the box and the goniopora I received never opened. My resolution would be receiving these 3 acro I ordered and whatever goniopora you’d like to send, I won’t get picky. If no reply within 12hrs as you stated, I’ll open a dispute with my cc company. The 3 acro are…..

779D94D6-3EB4-492D-8EB0-27155A197330.jpeg
42B4DDBE-2953-46E7-9B27-44F4CE894CB0.jpeg
A3B04CFB-689E-4B2E-B3EE-F770C7FBAE0A.jpeg

Aquadelic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Please refund Order Number 11660 for TFOSTER. The order total was $179.98.

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Please issue a refund for all my orders.

609D5F26-BDD9-472B-9019-9793CFE05FC4.png

Attachments

• F8F678D6-89F4-4408-97B2-A2C36969CA84.jpeg
    F8F678D6-89F4-4408-97B2-A2C36969CA84.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 93
  • F0BD2754-5B09-420C-8F90-997279824DC0.jpeg
    F0BD2754-5B09-420C-8F90-997279824DC0.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 59
  • 6B16C730-A05B-4261-BB69-6007FD2868C6.jpeg
    6B16C730-A05B-4261-BB69-6007FD2868C6.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 53
  • FD6E7265-67A5-427D-A25B-FEA900C0BD05.jpeg
    FD6E7265-67A5-427D-A25B-FEA900C0BD05.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 604D2AC3-196C-49AC-AEEE-93024E4B0DA4.jpeg
    604D2AC3-196C-49AC-AEEE-93024E4B0DA4.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 6453E407-996C-4ED0-B9E0-FC4735DC3E72.jpeg
    6453E407-996C-4ED0-B9E0-FC4735DC3E72.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 103

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a paying participant it’s very frustrating and some of us are in a financial situation that makes this loss difficult to stomach. My “fun” budget is pretty tight.

My heart goes out to Sam because this happened at a terrible time for him and it’s understandable that he’s angry especially given everything he’s going through. Sam, I’m sending you lots of good vibes and am here for you if you need to talk. @Saminpa

I also get that life happens and people make mistakes. I’ve been through a lot of terrible things including having a child pass away, having family medical bills in six figures, bankruptcy, foreclosure and even living in my car for awhile because I was too embarrassed to ask for help. Life can get ugly, I definitely understand that.

With that being said I always forgive people who mess up especially if they show up and make things right. It’s how things are resolved that will make a real lasting impression. @Joe Knows Reefs

Last edited:

wb4fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please refund all my orders, I wish you the best and hope to do business with you in the future;

Order Status​

The status of your recent orders is shown below. Click 'View Order' to see complete details.

• ORDER #11626​

Order Date: 8th Aug 2022
    This order is marked as Awaiting Fulfillment
    Your Order Contains:
    • 1 x Fat Head Dendros D02
    • 1 x Sonic the Hedgehog H02
    • 1 x Cannibal Lecter Blue Polyps
    • 1 x WWC Yellow Tips Y02
    • 1 x Chili Pepper Monti M06
    • 1 x JF Scarlett Fever Stylo F10
    • 1 x Aussie Toxic Goni G05
    • 1 x Superman Monti M04
    • 1 x Show Stopper Shroom
    • 1 x Ultra Ricordea R07

• ORDER #11562​

Order Date: 7th Aug 2022
    Your Order Contains:
    • 1 x WWC Yellow Tips

• ORDER #11560​

Your Order Contains:
    • 1 x Indo Frogspawn

• ORDER #11559​

Your Order Contains:
    • 1 x JF Scarlett Fever Stylo F03

• ORDER #11558​

Your Order Contains:
    • 1 x Purple Hearts H07

• ORDER #11550​

Your Order Contains:
    • 1 x PC Rainbow R03

• ORDER #11547​

Your Order Contains:
    • 1 x Superman Monti M05

• ORDER #11538​

Your Order Contains:
    • 1 x THURS 8/11 FLASH SALE FedEx Shipping for FRI 8/12 Arrival

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a paying participant it’s very frustrating and some of us are in a financial situation that makes this loss difficult to stomach. My “fun” budget is pretty tight.

My heart goes out to Sam because this happened at a terrible time for him and it’s understandable that he’s angry especially given everything he’s going through. Sam, I’m sending you lots of good vibes and am here for you if you need to talk. @Saminpa

I also get that life happens and people make mistakes. I’ve been through a lot of terrible things including having a child pass away, having family medical bills in six figures, bankruptcy, foreclosure and even living in my car for awhile because I was too embarrassed to ask for help. Life can get ugly, I definitely understand that.

With that being said I always forgive people who mess up especially if they show up and make things right. It’s how things are resolved that will make a real lasting impression. @Joe Knows Reefs
Thank you so much. You’re a sweetheart

GCode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take the 200% livestock credit, but I don't trust you at this point... I don't even know why u haven't or cant fulfill peoples orders. I have been lied to and told my order was shipping on 4 different occasions and I never received it or any kind of communication from you that it was not shipped... I have asked for a refund and I got no response.

Please refund my orders!
1662250251589.png

JamesdaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take the 200% livestock credit, but I don't trust you at this point... I don't even know why u haven't or cant fulfill peoples orders. I have been lied to and told my order was shipping on 4 different occasions and I never received it or any kind of communication from you that it was not shipped... I have asked for a refund and I got no response.

Please refund my orders!
1662250251589.png
200 percent of nothing is still nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back