• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Joe's Annual Back to School FLASH SALE!!! - August 7th - OFFICIAL THREAD!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reefl8r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I haven’t got a confirmation text this morning either but hoping we ship out today !

reefl8r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully it has the items you ordered and paid for in it, unlike my box!!!!
I should be getting
Hawkins acro ??? Can’t remember the name
Wild Irish rose
Joes rainbow acro
Confetti cake chalice

Jay OR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fox cooking GIF by Masterchef

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, because I have not received a return text, a PM or even an @ on these forums from Joe since August 16th, I've started a dispute with my CC company to get my money back. I'll stick to overpaying at my LFS or ordering from more well known vendors, this whole ordeal has been incredibly off putting.

Steveowhits

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sad to read about a decline like this. He was a childhood friend. I had my own challenges with him over the past year but the details do not matter. In short I was also cheated. I hope Joey realizes all he has to do is what he says and he can start building back his reputation one by one. Dude needs to actually care and execute. Doing just one is not good enough. Relationships are based on trust and if you take someone’s money you owe them a delivery or an update every time You can’t deliver on your previous commitment. It is that simple.

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sad to read about a decline like this. He was a childhood friend. I had my own challenges with him over the past year but the details do not matter. In short I was also cheated. I hope Joey realizes all he has to do is what he says and he can start building back his reputation one by one. Dude needs to actually care and execute. Doing just one is not good enough. Relationships are based on trust and if you take someone’s money you owe them a delivery or an update every time You can’t deliver on your previous commitment. It is that simple.
Totally agree with this and I’ll add don’t send someone an actual delivery and substitute with corals the person didn’t purchase and short them too

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already feel bad for the people who are going to buy in his November sale he has every year. Since vendors pay r2r to have sales, I’m sure they won’t turn his money away

GCode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I need to start a dispute with CC company to get my money back as well... I do a lot of business online and I have never had this happen. Just CRAZY :(

OP
OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very sorry everyone.
If you have sent a text or other communication, I am tackling them right now, one by one.

WE ARE SHIPPING TODAY!!!!

The only caveat, I will be shipping UPS from this point forward unless of course someone specifically requests FedEx. FedEx suspended their Service Agreement in 2020 and things are not getting any better. Their delivery times and guarantees have been pushed back and also suspended. Whenever they lift the suspension, guaranteed delivery times will be later than expected.
1030 became 1200
1200 became 1630
1630 became 2100

UPS offers a type of insurance for livestock vendors that would have been immensely useful over the last 2 weeks.
If you have other questions or concerns, or need anything, pease feel free to reach out on our phone. If you already have sent a text, it will be responded to within the hour.
If you left a VM, those responses will follow the text messages, as will PMs, emails, FB, IG and CIA.

PHONE: (843) 224-1776

Thank YOUUUUU!
I am very much embarrassed and ashamed of this fallout. However, I will make sure everyone here is taken care of and not left out to dry.

JamesdaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like if you answered the messages when they came in, daily, there would be no need to "tackle them"
People are saying they have not been replied to in days or weeks, or their requests for refunds are just ignored

I really liked that confetti cake chalice and wanted to pull the trigger but I've yet to hear one good review of your services and nonstop runaround about replying to messages, calls, emails, texts, substitutions on orders without permissions, promises of freebies, and not one person has even received an order from what I can see here. How the heck do you run a business like this??

Correction, it's not nonstop. It's all stop. One reply a week here about getting back on track etc, you must think we are all fools to blindly follow these lies, post after post. There are too many good vendors out there who want our business and reply immediately and make us feel as important as we should feel when trusting a vendor with our money and our choices

Community Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have sent a text or other communication, I am tackling them right now, one by one.

The only caveat, I will be shipping UPS from this point forward unless of course someone specifically requests FedEx. FedEx suspended their Service Agreement in 2020 and things are not getting any better. Their delivery times and guarantees have been pushed back and also suspended. Whenever they lift the suspension, guaranteed delivery times will be later than expected.
1030 became 1200
1200 became 1630
1630 became 2100

UPS offers a type of insurance for livestock vendors that would have been immensely useful over the last 2 weeks.
If you have other questions or concerns, or need anything, pease feel free to reach out on our phone. If you already have sent a text, it will be responded to within the hour.
If you left a VM, those responses will follow the text messages, as will PMs, emails, FB, IG and CIA.

Thank YOUUUUU!
I am very much embarrassed and ashamed of this fallout. However, I will make sure everyone here is taken care of and not left out to dry.
Well, I’m going to ask the question. Do you consider totally rearranging someone’s order and then sending none of the “freebies” promised, taking care of us and not hanging us out to dry??

I ordered 4 acro. I only received 3 and only 1 of them was something I ordered.
I ordered 2 certain montipora, you replaced them with 2 others.
I ordered an orange hammer, i got a green one.
I ordered a goniopora, the one I got is dead. Not one polyp has opened up.
I did get the tubbs stellata I ordered and twizzlers I ordered, that’s a miracle.

You asked me to make a list of what I’d like you to pick from for freebies after a phone conversation. I took the time to research and sent the list. Got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as compensation for all of this BS. All I got was insulted by getting corals I didn’t order and then nothing more!!!!

If you want me to believe that you want to make things right with customers, send me a box with the Acro’s I ordered and paid for, and other items I was told to send you a list of for hassle compensation.

Otherwise you don’t deserve to be doing sales on R2R and are just feeding more lies. Don’t let him fool you guys and girls. You may get a box but it probably won’t be what you ordered!!!!

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I’m going to ask the question. Do you consider totally rearranging someone’s order and then sending none of the “freebies” promised, taking care of us and not hanging us out to dry??

I ordered 4 acro. I only received 3 and only 1 of them was something I ordered.
I ordered 2 certain montipora, you replaced them with 2 others.
I ordered an orange hammer, i got a green one.
I ordered a goniopora, the one I got is dead. Not one polyp has opened up.
I did get the tubbs stellata I ordered and twizzlers I ordered, that’s a miracle.

You asked me to make a list of what I’d like you to pick from for freebies after a phone conversation. I took the time to research and sent the list. Got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as compensation for all of this BS. All I got was insulted by getting corals I didn’t order and then nothing more!!!!

If you want me to believe that you want to make things right with customers, send me a box with the Acro’s I ordered and paid for, and other items I was told to send you a list of for hassle compensation.

Otherwise you don’t deserve to be doing sales on R2R and are just feeding more lies. Don’t let him fool you guys and girls. You may get a box but it probably won’t be what you ordered!!!!

I'll provide an update when my order gets here, Joe texted me earlier letting me know that my order is at UPS and is shipping today so it should be here tomorrow. Had to cancel my disputes with my CC that I started yesterday, but it is what it is. I'm hopeful but yeah, I will definitely follow up since this situation and everyone involved deserves one.

reefl8r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll provide an update when my order gets here, Joe texted me earlier letting me know that my order is at UPS and is shipping today so it should be here tomorrow. Had to cancel my disputes with my CC that I started yesterday, but it is what it is. I'm hopeful but yeah, I will definitely follow up since this situation and everyone involved deserves one.
You got a tracking number ?

Pattys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1030 became 1200
1200 became 1630
1630 became 2100

Thank YOUUUUU!
What is soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 28 16.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 69 41.1%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.0%
Back