OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish me luck guys!!!.... Cure cycle starts today :)

0037.jpg

"Fingers crossed"!!!

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seven hours later...

0038.jpg

No leaks!!!...

A few important points for all Nuvo Fusion 30L prospective & current owners:

- The physical water volume of this aquarium is 20.5 Gallons (At maximum water level = 1/2" bellow the internal overflow wall), water parameters, mixing, dosing etc should be adjusted as such.
- Now it makes sense why IM would supply a main pump in the 480 gph range... The pump is fairly quiet, but I would still like to upgrade to at least 25 times the water volume (Somewhere around 560 gph).
- Water polishing socks... Their frame is about 1/2" shy to cover the total chamber top, I created some spacers using egg crate pieces to make sure the water flow doesn't push them towards the back and with this small adjustment they are working fine.
- Spin stream nozzles: They work fine but because the overflow grills are at exactly half their tube level, they make a small vibrating noise while they spin... it would probably go away with a higher flow (Or maybe they just need to grind a little).

Overall, I'm extremely happy with this tank... I'm truly looking forward to start working on the cabinet and the equipment while the rock cures...

We are rolling boys!!!!

;)

Last edited:

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you back .
The pump that came with the tank will be fine unless u r not adding additional internal flow. Looks like a great start .

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you back .
The pump that came with the tank will be fine unless u r not adding additional internal flow. Looks like a great start .

Thanks LILBUDDHA... Good to hear from you, I hope your health is better these days.

I'm planning to use a set of Nano Stream pumps for the main display flow once I start populating with corals, but I do want a quieter pump with more cycles per hour through the filtration chambers ;)

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power rack arrived today...

0042.jpg

Nine Multi Switch rated 1800watt plus USB Charging port and surge protector

0043.jpg

Looks poor with the main pump only, but I'm pretty sure it will be packed solid in a few more weeks.

Moving along....

Last edited:
OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day Seven of rock curing process... Already getting perfect water parameters

0046.jpg

Obviously, this doesn't mean in any way the cure cycle is done (We are months away from having fully cured rock), but if I had all the equipment, I could start the tank cycle today...

Oh well, what's two more weeks anyway :rolleyes:

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed the raceways... No more loose cables

0047.jpg

0048.jpg

Having decals made for the power rack because the ribbon tape is not cutting it

Moving along....

:)

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water cleared overnight and everything is working up to par...

0039.jpg

0040.jpg

Now we go into darkness for a few weeks

0041.jpg

I love my reef tank!!! :)
Are you doing bare bottom? I had good look at your photos and it gave me the impression of what a black bare bottom would look like. Thanks.

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day Ten of curing the rock... I did a full water change and added carbon socks (It'll probably be the last before initiating the cycle process "IF" DHL gets off their butt and bring my sand :D ).

My buddy Nathan from Rebadge Desings made some decals for the power rack, it looks much better

0050_1.jpg

0051.jpg

Korallen-Zutch Reefer's Best salt mix arrived... This one has awesome reviews in Europe and is said to be one of the very few that actually has all the elements described in the box

0049.jpg

Without any further ado... The JBJ Trinity T5HO light fixture is here!!!

0052.jpg

Is a little bulky compared to other fixtures, but I have to say, I truly like how it not only gives more body to the tank, but also helps to conceal all the gadgets in the overflow... I did a test fit with and without the lid

0054.jpg

0055.jpg

Using the lid, I will be required to lift the fixture in order to take it off...

0056.jpg

0057.jpg

Also received the Korallen Zutch bulbs, Coral Light II, Super blue, Coral Light II and Fiji Purple (Same order in which they will be used, but ordered an extra Super Blue in case the White is too intense)

0058.jpg

Finally, I got a message from the guys at IluminAqua, my A.T.O reservoir should be completed and shipped before the end of the week... Ah!, and ordered a 568gph Sicce Syncra 2.0 pump to replace the main.

We are getting closer guys!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to see how you will manage the Zeolite. I have never done Zeo system before but will do it this time.

This is something the guys at Korallen Zucht may not want to be disclosed, but think about this:

On a Nano tank like this one (20.5 Gallons of water volume), the dose required for the Zeolite is 203/205 grams, which is basically a hand full (Or the bag split into 5); It also requires a max flow of 100 gph... By using the Mid Size MiniMax reactor shown in a previous entree above, without the foam and the standard pump of 96 gallons per hour, you will have the perfect conditions to work with it. Because the content is so light, you can turn the reactor pump off and on and the Zeolite will tumble, more so, this particular reactor runs a separate internal media chamber, once turned off, you can take it out without moving the reactor and shake it as well.

For those of you not willing to have the extra expense, the Zeolite can be added on a filter sock and hung on the main pump chamber, you'll only need to grab the bag and shake it once every other day.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WHEN USING THE ZEOVIT IS TO STICK TO THEIR INSTRUCTION GUIDE AND DOSING EXACTLY HOW THEY DESCRIBE IT.

Last edited:
OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received an IM from the guys at IluminAqua... The A.T.O reservoir ships out tomorrow ;)

0059.jpg

White walls with frontal window, black top, black bottom, holds 3 gallons.

Moving along!!!

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something the guys at Korallen Zucht may not want to be disclosed, but think about this:

On a Nano tank like this one (20.5 Gallons of water volume), the dose required for the Zeolite is 203/205 grams, which is basically a hand full (Or the bag split into 5); It also requires a max flow of 100 gph... By using the Mid Size MiniMax reactor shown in a previous entree above, without the foam and the standard pump of 96 gallons per hour, you will have the perfect conditions to work with it. Because the content is so light, you can turn the reactor pump off and on and the Zeolite will tumble, more so, this particular reactor runs a separate internal media chamber, once turned off, you can take it out without moving the reactor and shake it as well.

For those of you not willing to have the extra expense, the Zeolite can be added on a filter sock and hung on the main pump chamber, you'll only need to grab the bag and shake it once every other day.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WHEN USING THE ZEOVIT IS TO STICK TO THEIR INSTRUCTION GUIDE AND DOSING EXACTLY HOW THEY DESCRIBE IT.
I have the small and medium IM reactors from previous builds and have looked at this as an option! Fantastic I'm on board and will be copying you shamelessly!

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the small and medium IM reactors from previous builds and have looked at this as an option! Fantastic I'm on board and will be copying you shamelessly!

Awesome!!!... if you turn down the pump on the small reactor to about 1/3 of the flow, you can use it for the carbon ;)

Once you experience the Zeovit program, you'll be hooked for life.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back