OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys like naked pictures?... Here you go!!!

0060.jpg

Extremely happy with the guys at IluminAqua, they work fast, always keep you updated and ship super fast!!!... Prices are very reasonable as well.

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed the Osmolator and ATO reservoir...

0061.jpg

0062.jpg

Will replace the hose and sensor bracket, way too big for this application...

I also had to use the last switch at the bottom on the power rack, the osmolator uses an adapter instead of a regular connector.

Moving along...

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!!!... if you turn down the pump on the small reactor to about 1/3 of the flow, you can use it for the carbon ;)

Once you experience the Zeovit program, you'll be hooked for life.
I have just ordered my Zeovit Nano pack! The Zeovit adventure begins.

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the Nano pack with best reef salt and carbon. I also got some Zeobac although I will cycle with Dr Tim's one and only.

I'd advice to do the cycle program with the Zeo Back and Zeo Start they are the bacterial foundation... AND Remember, no mechanical media (No floss, no sponges or similar). Best of luck, I'm kind of jealous that you will start the cycle (The good kind of jealous though) :)

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was very bothered with the Tunze bracket, to the point that it made me wake up in the middle of the night... Ended up improvising a little with a magnet cleaner, not totally sold still, but much better

0063.jpg

Got the Main pump replacement today

0064.jpg

Still no Aragonite... The guys at KorallenZucht keep saying is in transit but they have no tracking number... Fighting the urge but Carib Sea is looking good right now :p

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with Tropic Eden Reeflakes and Miniflakes.....best substrate available IMO.

Tropic Eden has a good quality substrate... I'm just too set in my ways (Meaning old lol)... If I have to consider swaping, I may go with Black substrate.

About to throw a tantrum though!!!

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd advice to do the cycle program with the Zeo Back and Zeo Start they are the bacterial foundation... AND Remember, no mechanical media (No floss, no sponges or similar). Best of luck, I'm kind of jealous that you will start the cycle (The good kind of jealous though) :)
Thanks I will order some Can I use filter socks to out until cycled?

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I will order some Can I use filter socks to out until cycled?

No, no filter or water polishing socks, they will trap all the nutrients and elements and it would be a total waste... if you have detritus, you can use some floss for a few hours (Preferably use only for couple hours before dosing ), but on a reef this size a weekly water change combined with the Zeolites and the Carbon should keep your water pristine.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Eden has a good quality substrate... I'm just too set in my ways (Meaning old lol)... If I have to consider swaping, I may go with Black substrate.

About to throw a tantrum though!!!
No, no filter or water polishing socks, they will trap all the nutrients and elements and it would be a total waste... if you have detritus, you can use some floss for a few hours (Preferably use only for couple hours before dosing ), but on a reef this size a weekly water change combined with the Zeolites and the Carbon should keep your water pristine.
Great that means that I have two extra chambers to use!

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great that means that I have two extra chambers to use!

You can pre-wash your sand in RO/DI water (Assuming is dry) to flush all the residue, it would help stabilize your cycle (This is why I decided to cure the rock for a couple weeks... more of a filtration process than a cure).

I'm saving the side chambers for Automatic Elements (Magnesium etc).

I wish you the best of luck, positive you're going to see the difference from the start.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can pre-wash your sand in RO/DI water (Assuming is dry) to flush all the residue, it would help stabilize your cycle (This is why I decided to cure the rock for a couple weeks... more of a filtration process than a cure).

I'm saving the side chambers for Automatic Elements (Magnesium etc).

I wish you the best of luck, positive you're going to see the difference from the start.
I am going bare bottom with Marine pure in the back. What do you use to do the start up . The guide I found stated Zeobak, Zeostart and sponge power. How do you do the initial cycle?

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going bare bottom with Marine pure in the back. What do you use to do the start up . The guide I found stated Zeobak, Zeostart and sponge power. How do you do the initial cycle?

These are the exact ZeoVit parameters to accomplish a 14 day cycle , I cannot stress enough to follow them in that exact same way without skipping or altering any procedure no matter how insignificant it may seem... It may be the difference between failure and success.

If you need any additional help, please feel free to reach out via PM.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back