Kamoer ATO One 2 Review

silent1mezzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I'd add a review for this ATO since there isn't a lot of information out there from people using it. I'll continue to update this throughout the year(s) as things change.

TL;DR
Overall I really like it (so far). It provides a number of extra features over the Tunze ATO's for a fraction of the price. We'll see how it holds up long term. The name is terrible though :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Price
I picked up the Kamoer ATO One 2 for $64.11 CAD from a seller on Aliexpress. I also picked up a second pump for $13.16 CAD. With shipping the total was $80.66 CAD or roughly $60 USD. There are a number of local stores that sell this for around $120 CAD ($88 USD). Considering the cheapest Tunze nano ATO retails for approximately $170 ($125 USD) after tax I think this is a great price.

Features
There are a number of things that I like about this pump. I'll break them down into pump, sensors and controller.

Pump
The first thing I really like about the Kamoer ATO is the pump. It's dead quiet, especially compared to the Tunze pump. I no longer can tell when the ATO is running (which could be a bad thing). It also fills up much quicker since the pump is rated for 60gph vs 13gph). Finally the pump is about a third of the size so if you have a small ATO reservoir or a weirdly shaped one it could fit in.

Sensors
Again, going to be comparing this to the Tunze Nano since it's the closest in price (even though it's double), the fact that this comes with two optical sensors for water height and emergency alarm is pretty impressive to me. There's an optional third sensor that alerts you to the water level in your fresh water reservoir that I haven't hooked up yet (just need to solder a float switch). I don't have a lot of experience with optical sensors but I definitely liek that I don't have to worry about a snail or salt creep interfering with a float switch and there being no backup.

Controller
There's two main features that I like with the actual controller. The first is the simplicity. I found the Tunze nano had a lot of extra wires that caused it to look a little messy. The Kamoer ATO One has 4 (two sensors, power in and power to the pump). The second thing I like is the audible alarm when the overfill sensor trips. It's loud and constant and is audible throughout the house which is nice in an emergency.

Cons
The main thing I haven't liked so far is the included siphon break. There's no way to secure it to the side and if you have it oriented the wrong way it pumps a small stream of water out whenever the pump is running. Luckily I saw this the first time I used it and removed it. As long as your hose is above the waterline you'll be fine not running with it.

I also wish this device had wifi connectivity. I can't really fault it due to it's price but being able to tie in the alarm to home assistant would be awesome.

IMG_8206.png

IMG_8203.png

IMG_8204.png

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the original and the 2 as well. The original one I have on my main tank and the 2 I used for a few weeks on my qt and now it is just a backup. I feel the exact same as you and was nervous when I first bought it but love it, been about 2 years and have no problems at all so far. Only complaint is the same as you with the siphon break

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second thing I like is the audible alarm when the overfill sensor trips. It's loud and constant and is audible throughout the house which is nice in an emergency.
This would be the deal breaker for me. I turn my return off for water changes and when I scrape the glass so an audible overfull alert would be pretty annoying unless it has a feature to silence it?

OP
OP
silent1mezzo

silent1mezzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be the deal breaker for me. I turn my return off for water changes and when I scrape the glass so an audible overfull alert would be pretty annoying unless it has a feature to silence it?
I just have it above the level of my waterline when the return pump turns off. So it'll only overflow alert if both the return pump is off and somehow it has started to dump the ATO reservoir in. I also have my ATO turn off automatically whenever my return pump turns off (feeding and maintenance)

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have it above the level of my waterline when the return pump turns off. So it'll only overflow alert if both the return pump is off and somehow it has started to dump the ATO reservoir in. I also have my ATO turn off automatically whenever my return pump turns off (feeding and maintenance)
Well du that would work perfectly. I'm such a dolt at times :zany-face:
Thanks for posting this. I have two aging jbj ato units and really need a backup on hand. I have one Tunze also but am not fond of the price. I think I'll look into one of these to replace a jbj and designate the jbj as back up.

EDIT: any chance you could share a link? I've never used Ali express and am finding quite a few but the descriptions are sketchy and sound like its may not be the complete system. You can DM me if you don't want to post a link in your thread.

Last edited:

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the marketing in the ad lol. For lazy people. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Kamoer ATO ONE 2 Aquarium Automatic Water Replenisher Newly Upgraded Optical Liquid Level Sensor for Fish Tank

Description:

ATO One2 Automatic Water Refill

• For lazy people
  • No management required
  • Automatic replenishment

OP
OP
silent1mezzo

silent1mezzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the marketing in the ad lol. For lazy people. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Kamoer ATO ONE 2 Aquarium Automatic Water Replenisher Newly Upgraded Optical Liquid Level Sensor for Fish Tank

Description:

ATO One2 Automatic Water Refill

• For lazy people
  • No management required
  • Automatic replenishment
I am definitely a lazy person and I'm all about that automatic replenishment :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
silent1mezzo

silent1mezzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so another thing that recently came up that I really like is the reservoir audible alarm. When the reservoir gets low and the pump gets close to running dry there's an audible alarm that goes off. I haven't seen this included in any other ATO, especially not one less than $100.

OP
OP
silent1mezzo

silent1mezzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd come back for a three month update. So far it's chugging along amazingly. I never realized how much the audible alarm would help me. The reservoir is tucked away in a corner and with my previous Tunze it'd run dry every few weeks because I forgot to refill. With the new alarm I just refill the reservoir whenever it gets low.

My only complaint so far is how sensitive it is to changes in level. I feel like it comes on a lot and I'd rather be able to play with how much the level goes down before it refills.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd come back for a three month update. So far it's chugging along amazingly. I never realized how much the audible alarm would help me. The reservoir is tucked away in a corner and with my previous Tunze it'd run dry every few weeks because I forgot to refill. With the new alarm I just refill the reservoir whenever it gets low.

My only complaint so far is how sensitive it is to changes in level. I feel like it comes on a lot and I'd rather be able to play with how much the level goes down before it refills.
Does the blue sensor act as the low/high for your ATO? Meaning, once the water goes below the sensor it kicks on until water just goes above?

OP
OP
silent1mezzo

silent1mezzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the blue sensor act as the low/high for your ATO? Meaning, once the water goes below the sensor it kicks on until water just goes above?
The blue sensor is the "low" level. When it goes below that sensor it starts filling. The red is the high alarm, if it ever goes above this there'll be an audible alarm.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue sensor is the "low" level. When it goes below that sensor it starts filling. The red is the high alarm, if it ever goes above this there'll be an audible alarm.
When does it kick off the pump then? After it covers the blue sensor again?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back