Kessil or nothing!!!!

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 2 g6 XR30 blue's. and 1 cobalt cvue, which was the kessil ap700 knock off with a real daylight bar, and moon lights built in for adder shimmer and better dusk and luner cycle.

I wanted to try ecotech, as they are ranked the best by a lot of coral farmers, and industry.

But i also didn't want to let go of my shimmer.

So yeah, my lights are bit overpowered sitting 2 feet on top of my 4x3x1.5.
I think they are running at 30% and still pump par over 300 on 50% of my tank half way up, while managing to get in at least 100 par in the floor and near shaded areas, if i have any after all 3 lights are on.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably not reef than use a Kessil. There is nobody that I yet know that keeps colonies of acropora like I do that has not had shadowing or death from underneath over time. They are probably OK with easier corals, but I don't keep those. The digital shimmer gives me a headache and it looks nothing like shimmer from Metal Halide unless you stop the movement on the top of the water - bugs me.

If I had to go to LED, it would be Photon V2 since the best to coral growers that I have ever seen use them. I have xr30s over a frag tank with Colorado Sunbursts and some acropora frags, but it is not better than a Photon or my MH.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had to go to LED, it would be Photon V2 since the best to coral growers that I have ever seen use them. I have xr30s over a frag tank with Colorado Sunbursts and some acropora frags, but it is not better than a Photon or my MH.

i was actually considering the photon's but i believe things look "subjective" better with radion's due to the Ecotech Tax you are charged.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back