Killing blue cloves with fluke tabs

Wild1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is getting over run with them, I read that Pyramid Butterfly fish eat them. I don't know if its true, or what other corals it might also eat. Sorry

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an old link that doesn't work. They are banned in the US. No one has them unless you can find someone with an old supply.
Looks like I am SOL unless I give that other Fenbendazole for xenia control? a try. Those will work on clove polyps as well? Have you heard of this working for others?

DiverDave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do what Max says. I did this to my 24 gal cube with excellent results. Xenia, BCP's, gsp's, one of 4 pepeint shrimp, all bristle worms, stomatella snails, and small leather coral were the casualties. All else in perfect condition. I have more info on my thread on SDReefs. (Same username). Hit me up if you have any question!

Cheers.
DiverDave

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome .. I am going to try this with my 125. I will keep you guys posted as to what happens with pics and everything. I am eager to try this and get started! My entire tank is crazy purple with cloves and the xenia is right behind it!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back