• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

large condy hosting 2 breeding false percs

fly guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
large condy hosting 2 mated false percs

This really pains me to have to get rid of this fairly uncommon trio. I have had the condy hosting the original clown for three years. The condy has survived being sucked into a powerhead right after I got it, and last year survived a overheating tank crash which killed most everything else, and survived being ripped in half in a rockslide
The second ORA clown I added last fall. it almost got eaten many times at first but the existing clown kept saving it and pulling it out of the nems grasp until it finally got slimed up and safe......then the esisting clown wouldnt let him sleep in it for months....would smack him down if he tried. It was a pretty interesting thing to see. They now breed.
The condy is fairly large for a condy.... or at least seems large to me. I dont know how big they get. Its the only one ive ever had. his foot is abouot 4x4" and when open he needs some space. I keep it in a low nutrient system and it has never split on me besides the time it was ripped in half in the rockslide. I cant get a good pic of it as it is an odd spot in my reef and I ahve to take angled shots through acrylic. The condy is a perfect gentlemen and never once has moved on me from his rock even though he has been through more than a few different tanks and reaquascapes.
I am drastically changing the tank set up he is in and I doubt this cooperation will continue in the super high flow BB environment the tank will be, so instead of risking any of my sps, or risking harm to it, I am going to get rid of it.
I really want to find a good home for it, and much prefer it goes to an experienced reefer than someone new to the hobby. I would like $100 + shipping for the trio. I think thats a very fair price considering. However, the most important thing to me is finding a good home so if you can provide that home and either think thats too much or cant afford it.......I could be negotiable. I will of course give preference to the first person who pays my asking price and is an experienced reefer first. I have tried to find a home locally but havent had any luck. So i am willing to ship and like everything I sell will guarantee the trio willk arrive in perfect health.
I want/need to ship this thing TOMORROW

here is a pics of the condy and the original clown.

clnoisereductionhalfsharpdonefullca.jpg

clownandcondy.jpg

anemone.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
fly guy

fly guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have they actually laid eggs?

I have nto actually seen any eggs. for the last 2 years this condy has lived behind and almopst under my reef. I cant even hardly see it.

they do the dance and dig in the sand though. I havent really paid much attention to them since I added the mate to be honest, as its nearly impossible to see them back there. my rock is lifted 2-14" everywhere and I did assume that they are tryign to breed. I just changed the title of the thread though as I have not acrtually seen any eggs, but even if there were Ic ouldnt see them where they sit in this tank, and the way I understand it you need to provide somewhere for them to do it.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 7.9%
Back