Large spot on Magnificent FoxFace

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I just noticed a rather large black spot on my Magnificent Foxface.

Tank as a lot of nems and rock work to swim through. He has been in this tank for over two years and no additional fish have been added since him. Tank is very peaceful
IMG_9464.jpeg
IMG_9465.jpeg
IMG_9466.jpeg
IMG_9467.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Michael Gentile Welcome to the Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis Forum!

The #fishmedic team and other knowledgeable members of our community will do our best to help you resolve your questions. Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

Additionally, these links may be useful while you await a response:

OP
OP
Michael Gentile

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Tank as a lot of nems and rock work to swim through. He has been in this tank for over two years and no additional fish have been added since him. Tank is very peaceful
IMG_9464.jpeg
IMG_9465.jpeg
IMG_9466.jpeg
IMG_9467.jpeg
Michael Gentile Welcome to the Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis Forum!

The #fishmedic team and other knowledgeable members of our community will do our best to help you resolve your questions. Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

Additionally, these links may be useful while you await a response:
Fish was fully quarantined before being added. If tank parameters are needed I can attach recent ICP, but there is no concern. Fish behaves normally.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello all,

IMG_9464.jpeg
IMG_9465.jpeg
IMG_9466.jpeg
IMG_9467.jpeg
This is a puncture wound and may be an urchin or tail strike from a tang

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oh I do have a tux urchin in the tank, relatively big. That makes me feel so much better, thank you for the reply. I assume it will heal over time?
Will heal on its own and not quickly
Keep an eye on it for any soreness or redness

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back