Looking back on it…..

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the one piece of reefing equipment that you wished you started using sooner?

100% think about this all the time. I regret not using an algae scrubber from the start. I would have prevented issues and saved a lot of time and money spent on reactors, gfo, harvesting cheato that didn’t make an impact

OP
OP
RichWise73

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% think about this all the time. I regret not using an algae scrubber from the start. I would have prevented issues and saved a lot of time and money spent on reactors, gfo, harvesting cheato that didn’t make an impact
I actually use an algae scrubber on my discus tank. It has been very beneficial with controlling nitrates.

TurboTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my reef slowly - Fowler for first year, and then learned how to maintain stable parameter for corals, and then mixed reef. The one piece of equipment I found was most important for a reef was a controller that allowed me to make adjustments remotely!
If you stay at home (retired/workathomejob) then it probably doesn't matter - but for those that like to travel, or have demanding job you must have something that allows you to monitor/control key items remotely

OP
OP
RichWise73

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my reef slowly - Fowler for first year, and then learned how to maintain stable parameter for corals, and then mixed reef. The one piece of equipment I found was most important for a reef was a controller that allowed me to make adjustments remotely!
If you stay at home (retired/workathomejob) then it probably doesn't matter - but for those that like to travel, or have demanding job you must have something that allows you to monitor/control key items remotely
Which controller system are you using?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back