Looks very interesting and cheaper powerhead

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this thing is a copy of anything it is a copy of a tunze not a vortech. The mp40 is wireless and the motor is outside the tank, this jebo is mounted inside the tank and does not discuss wireless networking. I doubt it is comparable to an mp40 but it still seems like a decent buy for the price, assuming it lasts longer than a hydor which seems to have a similar build. I have used tunze, hydor, and vortech powerheads and the quality and flow pattern of a vortech is unmatched...tunze are nice but completely different more like a lazer beam (granted I have never tried the new wide flow model). The non aim ability of the mp40 is a nonfactor as it creates flow all over the tank, you have to see it to understand. I think I will buy one or two of these as backups and maybe do a side by side comparison of it with the other powerheads I have. Like I said before, this seems to be a good buy for the price point. The product description is a little hard to read though. I don't think people selling vortechs because there is something wrong with them, rather they just don't need them...otherwise there would be what ever is wrong with them listed in the sale (at least for a responsible seller and I can't imagine every perso selling them is dishonest). I rather believe you see more vortechs for sale, then say hydors, is simply because the vortechs last longer than the others making more available for sale when the aquarists breaks down or has no need for it.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Agree completely, just to lazy to write all the above :)

ktaylor660

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother has ordered 1 also. I was going to, but I'm afraid it would make my 120 look like a sand storm from the videos I have watched. I'm waiting for the smaller one also. I currently run 2 Sun Sun (Chinese made Ebay) powerheads in my 120 now and have had zero problems running them on a Seio controller. They have been running for almost 3 years now with no problems.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like how.in the description it says chinese vortech mp40 lol. More like a chinese 6105. iiluisii from mtrc has one and told me its awsome him and a friend just got them few weeks ago i think it was.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this thing is a copy of anything it is a copy of a tunze not a vortech. The mp40 is wireless and the motor is outside the tank, this jebo is mounted inside the tank and does not discuss wireless networking. I doubt it is comparable to an mp40 but it still seems like a decent buy for the price, assuming it lasts longer than a hydor which seems to have a similar build. I have used tunze, hydor, and vortech powerheads and the quality and flow pattern of a vortech is unmatched...tunze are nice but completely different more like a lazer beam (granted I have never tried the new wide flow model). The non aim ability of the mp40 is a nonfactor as it creates flow all over the tank, you have to see it to understand. I think I will buy one or two of these as backups and maybe do a side by side comparison of it with the other powerheads I have. Like I said before, this seems to be a good buy for the price point. The product description is a little hard to read though. I don't think people selling vortechs because there is something wrong with them, rather they just don't need them...otherwise there would be what ever is wrong with them listed in the sale (at least for a responsible seller and I can't imagine every perso selling them is dishonest). I rather believe you see more vortechs for sale, then say hydors, is simply because the vortechs last longer than the others making more available for sale when the aquarists breaks down or has no need for it.

Vortechs depend on size of the tank. I had 2 mp40s on my 180 and wasnt happy with the flow. But in smaller tanks they are great. I had mp10 in a 40 and loved it. Now im using 2 evo 1400s and 2 $25 for 2 1400 gph powerheads off amazon. The $25 was for 2 included shipping. While i agree u usually get what u pay for these powerheads are more powerfull than my evo1400s and are still running strong after almost 2 years of use. Granted they came with suction cup but switched them with koralia magnets and work fine and well work $12 each haha.
So im saying sometimes cheap products do work well and i will get one of these as well long as i dont hear any complaints.

Ps my cheap chinese leds also grow and color sps like mad and bleach my chalices so i am a fan of cheaper products.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vortechs depend on size of the tank. I had 2 mp40s on my 180 and wasnt happy with the flow. But in smaller tanks they are great. I had mp10 in a 40 and loved it. Now im using 2 evo 1400s and 2 $25 for 2 1400 gph powerheads off amazon. The $25 was for 2 included shipping. While i agree u usually get what u pay for these powerheads are more powerfull than my evo1400s and are still running strong after almost 2 years of use. Granted they came with suction cup but switched them with koralia magnets and work fine and well work $12 each haha.
So im saying sometimes cheap products do work well and i will get one of these as well long as i dont hear any complaints.

Ps my cheap chinese leds also grow and color sps like mad and bleach my chalices so i am a fan of cheaper products.

I think the flow pattern of an mp40 is more about preference, I have two in my 155 (66x22x?? I know weird dimensions) and I couldn't be happier with the flow. All that is in there is the two mp40s (one on each side facing eachother) and I get great flow everywhere, stuff on the bottom sways and blow side to side, stuff in the middle and top sway and move around two. Occasionally one of the gorgoniad I have on the bottom gets blown over on its side for a little while when the flow is really strong in one direction. I had two koralias mag 8 in there with them but there effects were minimal, could barely even see a difference in flow when they switched on.

As I stated earlier this thing does not seem comparable to an mp40 as its motor is inside the tank and it is not wireless, two of the main factors about an mp40...that and all of the research they did to replicate various flow patterns in an ocean in there coding. Another big difference I see between this and an mp40, which I may be mistaken and it may have this, is the range you can set the maximum flow to allowing an mp40 to be used in a multitude of different size tanks by adjusting the maximum flow output. This powerhead is much more comparable to a controllable tunze upon inspection of Internet descriptions, base on its form factor and features. It looks like a tunze, controller looks like a tunze, and even had the same features as a tunze.

I am going to order at least one of these to have as a backup. The Chinese mp40 statement I think is more of a marketing gimmick than a true valid comparison, the description is poorly translated enough as it is.

Last edited:

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend that has one says its like a tunze with vortech modes. His words. he owns an mp40 also. He says these pw are awsome so far been using only 3 weks tho. Im curious about thedir life span as well but he says it seems well built.

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend that has one says its like a tunze with vortech modes. His words. he owns an mp40 also. He says these pw are awsome so far been using only 3 weks tho. Im curious about thedir life span as well but he says it seems well built.
WHY didn't no one tell me about this!!!!!!

Just bought that mp10. Well I think im gonna take it back now and buy one of these.
Think one or 2 is to much for a 40 breeder?

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHY didn't no one tell me about this!!!!!!

Just bought that mp10. Well I think im gonna take it back now and buy one of these.
Think one or 2 is to much for a 40 breeder?

Way to powerful for a 40breeder, wait for the wp25. Rumor is that the release date is in april. It will be perfect for a smaller tank and mimics the mp10 but only $50 projected cost.

The wp40 is rocking waves in a 6ft tank with only using one. Lol your poor fish would be blown out of the tank.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was shipped on 3/11, was hoping to get it today, but looks like next week before i will have mine.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

To make sure I understand you, you mean tunze with vortech modes as in it has similar mode programming only...a tunze can not replicate the flow pattern of a vortech. The propeller and external design cause it to have a much wider flow pattern than any other powerhead, also it creates a massive undertow. This cannot he replicated in any tunze style powerhead.

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it looks to be all on meaning you cant turn it down. Just mess with the length of the pulses. Seen it make a 4" wave on a 180 and there is no way my tank would be on the floor LOL

And I only have a short amount of time to take back the mp10. Looks like im keeping it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
uf_gators

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I am waiting to order 2 WP25's and still have 100 bux in my pocket for June's frag swap .... Lol :) happy happy happy as the duck commander wold say... Lol

KSzegi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it looks to be all on meaning you cant turn it down. Just mess with the length of the pulses. Seen it make a 4" wave on a 180 and there is no way my tank would be on the floor LOL

And I only have a short amount of time to take back the mp10. Looks like im keeping it.

There is also a High and Low speed mode - doesn't have the full range of adjustment to speed like a vortech but there are two contstant speed settings on it.

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a way to control the speed of the pump. I have a 4ft tank and there is no way i could run the wp40 wide open. But as everyone stated the wp40 controller doesnt slow down the pump, it just controls the pumps off/on cycles.

So to fix this, you get a variable power supply that has 12-24v variables. So i have ordered one and when i get the pump. I will replace the orginal power supply with this variable one and then for example choose 18volts on the power supply. Now the pump isnt running at full speed anymore. The pump must have atleast 12volts to function correctly. It can run under 12volts but the manufacture specs say 12-24v.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To make sure I understand you, you mean tunze with vortech modes as in it has similar mode programming only...a tunze can not replicate the flow pattern of a vortech. The propeller and external design cause it to have a much wider flow pattern than any other powerhead, also it creates a massive undertow. This cannot he replicated in any tunze style powerhead.

I have two of them in my 185 and an mp40 and this pumps are great. And yes the pump looks like a tunze but the modes on the controller are some what like the mp40. It has full speed, half spe ed, wave mode, 2 diferent random modes and a mode that is like reef crest mode. The pump has a dc power motor and its controllable with any controller like reef angel using analog 0-5v. The pump has a one piece ceramic shaft and it has ceramic incerts as bearings not like other cheap pumps using rubber. The controller also comes with a light sensor that reduces the pump speed by half when the lights go off. Overall im happy with them im also tempted to sell my mp40 and buy one more and still have cash to buy something else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Weehawken64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these things ok for a 29gl biocube? Where can you get them?

OP
OP
uf_gators

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these things ok for a 29gl biocube? Where can you get them?

Are u asking about the WP-40's ? lol , if so .... No man , u gotta wait for the WP-25's that should be out in April , from what I heard..... Unless u want nothing left in your Bio 29'er... Just type Jebo WP-40 in your browser. The lat time I posted a link a link and it was a sponsor on this forum. I got B****** at. By the police. Lol

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are u asking about the WP-40's ? lol , if so .... No man , u gotta wait for the WP-25's that should be out in April , from what I heard..... Unless u want nothing left in your Bio 29'er... Just type Jebo WP-40 in your browser. The lat time I posted a link a link and it was a sponsor on this forum. I got B****** at. By the police. Lol

Wp40 is 4200 gph so nooo...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back