Luckys 300gln AGE build coming soon!!!!!!

ATI PM T5s or Metal Halide???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How exciting for you!!! I have always loved the AGE tanks. Good luck with the build!!!
LPS are awesome and I collect them as well but there is nothing more impressive than an SPS tank that has grown out IMO you are going to have so much fun collecting SPS:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
lsingh

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shot of my canopy
photo-82.jpg

MH will sit on the canopy
tank is finally in the house and worked some nice low aquascaping
photo-81.jpg

has 200 lbs of LS and about 200 lbs of LR will lots of caves and lotsa room for fishes and corals to grow
photo-81.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet! I like the less rock look myself.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off to a great start! Following along...

OP
OP
lsingh

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last night installed my apex unit still got find a better way to hide the wires
photo-103.jpg

photo-105.jpg

photo-104.jpg

OP
OP
lsingh

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of my mp60 were shipped back And ordered tunze....I am using a lrg wave box along with 6305 from my previous break down and a brand new 6155....I was surprized when I saw 6155 in action .... These r very strong pumps and move massive amount of water. Thou 6305 is rated twice than newer 6155 but I had to say its seems 6155 stronger and definitely twice as spread in compare to 6305.. Sorry for the blurry picsWave box and 63056155I should be receiving my 7305 controller soon in couple days than we will hve some waves .!!!!!lol
photo-107.jpg

photo-106.jpg

OP
OP
lsingh

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my 7305 controller.. Can't wait to set it up and see how my monster pumps respond with this...

photo-115.jpg

In this hobby the hardest part is to wait and let the tank gets cycled....
Tested my ammonia last night it was .50 ...it might take a little longer in my case with all the dry rock and dead sand....

OP
OP
lsingh

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did some change down in the Stand...took my skimmer out of the sump leaves lot of room for me put some reactor in and do other stuff
photo-123.jpg

How so ever hve a very little leak on the outlet of the skimmer where the water comes out from... It's very slow maybe a drop every 15 sec....tried to tight it open tight again but it not getting fixed....

Any ideas for dummy like me guys out here good with plumbing..
photo-125.jpg

OP
OP
lsingh

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a6cd09c8-bb38-1e0c.jpg

Placed an order for this strong magnavore 8 magnet last night....should be here by the end of this week...
Expensive but Very strong and efficient magnet..

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome system can't wait to see fish and corals in there.

Have you considered having someone route out a hole in the outside of the stand for the Apex? It's kind of permanent but it would do a good job of displaying it.

OP
OP
lsingh

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome system can't wait to see fish and corals in there.

Have you considered having someone route out a hole in the outside of the stand for the Apex? It's kind of permanent but it would do a good job of displaying it.

Thanks for the idea...didn't really think of that ..now I got to find someone with the skills who can chop and make me little hole outside the stand...

OP
OP
lsingh

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates r still around 80 ... With in the next few days I will do a large water change and than let it run for few days,..
I should be able to start stocking it up by next week or two ...1st moving my fishes from my holding tank which is
Blk tang
Borb Anthias
2 mcclouch clown
Mystery wrasse

This tank will be truly a sps and wrasses ....my birthday is coming and wifey is giving me my birthday present listd below
Tank...
I hve already spoken with couple vendors that I usually deal with and trying to arrange some fishes i want...
So within a next couple weeks I will be getting

A Harlem of flame wrasses
Linatus wrasse
Rhomboid
Hooded fairly wrasse
couple more borbonious
And may a single white bar Anthias that I always wanted...
and maybe even the tamrine wrasse if i can find one....

all these fishes will quartrine for about 2 weeks before heading out in my system....

also I did hooked up another skimmer this morning nac9 I got to hve a strong filtration ..I am not planning to keep any large tangs as if now but time will tell....so far planning stock is about 10 to 15 fishes small wrasses and couple Anthias including my blk tang....
But with the less rock work since I am only using about 150 I figured another skimmer woudnt hurt...
My equipment list is over and won't be buying anything else unless needed...
i also hooked my delctec kalk stirr and i am already loving it....it only stirrs the kalk powder on the bottom not like other reactor mixes it up with the pump....very safe and efficient.. it works with my LM111
I decided not to use zeovit in this tank but will use some of their products as I start adding corals...like sponge power coral snow potassium and couple other but no bacterial additives..

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back