0   0   0
Does the video work?
F9F0A79D-89CD-4F0F-8108-1851B55DDAFD.jpeg

Brian Smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this Lymphocyctis? I’m confident the ones on the fins are. But what about his side? He is not eating.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lympho can vary from cottony, fibrous and cauliflower like in texture. It can present on the surface of the skin and underneath the skin. Lympho is a sign that the fish's immune system is in need of help. So something else may be at work here. Not eating is a problem. Any thing else like stringy white poop? Rapid breathing?

Brian Smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if that video worked. Maybe I can edit it shorter. He’s very alert and stares at me. Swims around fine. I got it from live aquaria on Tuesday. Came in that way. Never saw him poop at all. I’ve tried garlic soaked Mysis, seaweed, pellets, flakes, A piece of dragons breath algae from my sump, and the latest was live Brine. He just not interested in eating. But I suppose that could still be from the stress but I suppose that could still be from the stress of shipping since it’s only been basically a wee.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried giving it a 3 to 5 min freshwater bath. Also is it in any kinda medication?

Brian Smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I never gave him a freshwater bath. I keep treating with Metroplex ever other day. It does not seem to have an effect. You can tell in the video that he’s alert and doesn’t seem panic stricken. He’s right next to a tank with two yellow belly hippo tanks that stare at him through the wall. But he doesn’t seem to want to confront them or even pay much attention to them. I did use one cap of stress coat two days ago (hoping aloe would help).

YMRreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am praying this is lympho and not ich... it seems much to large to be ich? It resembles cystic acne almost. (Aka big whitehead) However not anywhere on the fins. The nodule definitely protrudes out some. Thank you very much in advance! Sorry it’s a poor picture- I can get better quality late this evening.

B464A958-4467-4E9F-85EE-33AB9A7E4129.jpeg

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its not ich, but maybe fluke or lympho or even some other external parasite, hard to say. if you can catch it and give a freshwater bath for 5 min, maybe it might fall off.

Brian Smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not fluke or parasite because my powder blue tang had the same spots and I did three treatments of api general cure (after one week of copper power). I kept my tang in QT with a cleaner wrasse. The spot would go away and pop up later in a different area. Is it possible it’s a strand of lymph that develops under the flesh or internally?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back