Lymphocystis

Maqrizi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone !

Iam new to saltwater. 3 of my clownfish got cauliflower things on their body and their fins.

At first only 1 clown. After 2 weeks my other clownfish has too... Is it contagious?

but im confused because Another fish looks healthy and seems not have it.

What should i do?
They still eat and very active.
I already tried 5 minutes dip on freshwater. But not effect at all.

Sorry for my bad english :(

RonSwanson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but it so rampant that its almost unavoidable. Odds are you have a fish with Lympho and don't even realize it.
Hello humblefish. I’m new to the hobby. Got a hippo tang, have an extremely clean/new cycled tank. Got the tang through 6 week qt with copper. Placed him in display tank and boom! A week later Lympho is showing on his 1 fin and side cheek. Does it make sense to take the fish out or is like ich, if it touches the water, it’s most likely in the water and my other fish will have it?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello humblefish. I’m new to the hobby. Got a hippo tang, have an extremely clean/new cycled tank. Got the tang through 6 week qt with copper. Placed him in display tank and boom! A week later Lympho is showing on his 1 fin and side cheek. Does it make sense to take the fish out or is like ich, if it touches the water, it’s most likely in the water and my other fish will have it?

Humblefish doesn’t come on this forum, he has his own form for disease control. Search humblefish.

Leave the fish and feed well he will recover

RonSwanson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some photos.

Attachments

• DSC_0882_LI.jpg
    DSC_0882_LI.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_0922_LI.jpg
    DSC_0922_LI.jpg
    971.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0937_LI.jpg
    DSC_0937_LI.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 93

RonSwanson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they don't seem to be breathing heavily at all. I went to LFS and he gave me some meds to dose the tank so hopefully it will work. Thanks
With brook, he would be covered in white slime by now and probably dead in a day or 2 after that. There is no cure for lymphoma since it’s a group of viruses and not one particular. Don’t even bother with meds unless it leads to other infections. Clowns are tough so I wouldn’t worry too much. Need to feed heavy to boost immune system. That’s what I would do. It is contagious and could transmit from fish to fish by contact. QT him for a few weeks (since he can’t wear a mask) until it drops off if it’s not a problem. You don’t usually want to feed heavy in display tank either.

RonSwanson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great article here to help with fish immune system.

jacobreynolds6883

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the kole tang a week half ago and has been in QT since, behavior has been good just skittish and hides when your around the tank. The kole tang has been eating ok since I received it. But as you can see in the picture and has just shown up today a round whitish looking thing on it’s right fin. Haven’t treated water with prazipro yet but have been adding coppersafe to a therapeutic level over the past 3 days, up to .50 per Salifert copper test kit currently. Any suggestions or advise would be great.
A1DAA0E7-25B9-457E-BED0-9B97906522D9.jpeg

RonSwanson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That there I would leave alone. Feed him well and it will most likely go away. I wouldn’t go nuts on all sorts of meds. Fish go through all sorts of stress by the time they get to your tank and their immune system is weakened. Looks like lympho. Just don’t put him in DT until it clears up.

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a copperband that is currently in hypo that has this. It has slowly gotten worst but just on its fins. What concerns me is the last two days the outer edge of its fins are getting black areas on it now. I added the triple treatment yesterday. Wondering if there is anything else I should be doing? Currently eating black worms and mysis with selcon added to the mysis
Thanks
Jeff

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a copperband that is currently in hypo that has this. It has slowly gotten worst but just on its fins. What concerns me is the last two days the outer edge of its fins are getting black areas on it now. I added the triple treatment yesterday. Wondering if there is anything else I should be doing? Currently eating black worms and mysis with selcon added to the mysis
Thanks
Jeff
If you can feed him live black worms and live white worms he will love them

MrsJones91011

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could this be what my filefish is dealing with? He's eating and swimming totally normally. I'm anxious as all get out.

He was out of the water for 10 seconds max while I snapped a Picture.
20211110_185008.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Could this be what my filefish is dealing with? He's eating and swimming totally normally. I'm anxious as all get out.

He was out of the water for 10 seconds max while I snapped a Picture.
20211110_185008.jpg
Its possibly Lympho which is viral. Much easier to see in the water than out of tank.
Lympho is viral and requires GOOD water quality and diet for fish to shake it

luceym

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very common and as you said, often not dangerous at all.

I did have a queen angel that almost had this grow over her mouth to the point she could not eat that I needed to scrape off once until it started to go away. She did recover and a few months later the giant cauliflower growths were gone from the face, gill, and fins. On rare occasions I have heard where this grew over their gills and suffocated them. This would seem to be very unlikely as the gills are always moving and this stuff grows slowly.
Hi my anglefish has lymphocytes and he is refusing to eat anything, pellets, nori, live, frozen, mastic, everything. I know there is no treatment but is there anyway I can try and help him? Thank you everyone

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my anglefish has lymphocytes and he is refusing to eat anything, pellets, nori, live, frozen, mastic, everything. I know there is no treatment but is there anyway I can try and help him? Thank you everyone

Lymphocystis won't cause a fish to not eat unless the nodules are really heavy and involve the mouth. Your fish may have multiple issues. If you want, post a picture/video and some background information and you can start your own post. The information as to all that is here:

Jay

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 86 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back