Lymphocystis

gonefishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be Lymph, but not 100% definitive. Can you post better photos? AFAIK, Lymph comes out when stressed, so it would be odd for it to not display right away, which is the most stressful time, and then come out later. My Angel had lymph as soon as I added her. It slowly receded over the first 2-3 weeks in the DT (no QT for me), and it hasn't shown up again after 9 months or so on her or any other fish in my DT.
It showed up 5 days in copper. Done with treatment and is in an observation tank. Day 4. I see it getting a bit smaller but still visible.
18ca587998d65359476eea020ab99d09.jpg

gonefishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if it lymph, and you're going to keep it, you may as well move it to the DT now, otherwise, if you wait for it to recede, it will likely just display again from any stress when you move it. The clown's behavior is fine otherwise?
Clownfish is acting fine. In a dilemma if I am going to keep it. If there is a way for me to prevent lymph from getting into DT

gonefishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if you've seen it, but there is a good R2R thread on it here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lymphocystis.257461/

Sure it's contagious, but unavoidable really. It's kinda like herpes in humans. I would just add it to my DT (as I did with my Swallowtail Angel). I'm not implying that you would, but please don't kill it just because of lymph.
Thanks for the info. Definitely not going to kill him. I'm debating on putting in QT or rehoming him to someone that is okay with lymph. But if it's unavoidable no matter how good I QT I'm probably just going to put him in my DT

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish is acting fine. In a dilemma if I am going to keep it. If there is a way for me to prevent lymph from getting into DT

Lympho may well be in your DT already. It's pretty common and can ride in on fish without any visible lesions.
If conditions in your tank are healthy and nonstressful, it's likely to clear up on its own, and not recur.
I'd still see if I could get it to clear up first before transferring the fish out of QT, though.
At the very least, if it clears up without specific treatment you can be pretty sure it's lympho and not something else.

Jimbo747

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have had a yellow Tang and yellow eye kole Tang in qt for nearly three weeks. They have had two doses of praziquantel,5 days apart and have been in cupramine for 14 days ( 500 Hanna LR). A week ago noticed a spot on the side of the yellow Tang with no other symptoms. Both fish eating well (pellets, garlic infused nori and mysis). The spot may have been there longer as it is not visible when the fish is at the back of the tank. As it has become less shy I have also noticed a spot on its pectoral fin.
4f3f1303cb259c52059638b0829b64a6.jpg

I am new am thinking Lympho. The Kole Tang is not affected.
a5d4b726764bd0ab57e1596c4354daa8.jpg

Right pectoral fin and left body are affected.
e6a391c683b5b764da8d4e2dfe49e0d2.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. I am tempted to remove the kole Tang to the display and leave the yellow Tang in QT if it is Lympho.

Jimbo747

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help. I have them both in the display tank and doing very well. I’m a beginner so I appreciate the advice. Cheers.

gcdc26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
I received 3 Bartlett’s anthias from divers den 5 days ago. One came with fuzzy white nodules over the fins that I presumed/hoped were lympho. All 3 are eating well (mysids w selcon, LRS) and acting normal (no flashing, etc), however today I noticed salt-like spots on the other two anthias’s fins. It certainly looks like ich, but I understand that early lympho can look identical? I also understand that lympho is a virus and thus contagious, but was of the impression that it typically would not spread like this? My plan as of now is to monitor. If the salt spots grow, assume it is lympho. If they don’t grow but drop off, assume it is ich and start treatment. Does this sound like a reasonable plan or would you recommend a different course of action? Thanks so much!
CBF4C62C-FB67-4A2E-8554-A0C351CF4BBF.jpeg

7FEA4F9B-5FDC-4A0F-A8AC-1773D940A92A.jpeg

FelipeRa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I just got a juvenile emperor angelfish 7 days ago with some white points in one of the fins, aferter two days I noticed that the white points destroyed one fin. and a bit the other one. Also, I noticed that at the fin base (the one destroyed) it is red.Could be Lympho? or Bacterial?

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an article i wrote,
I had success cleaning up fish 2 separate times using this method.
You can also add vitachem or siclone or both to the food and it been reported to helps get rid of lymph.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or just keep your tank conditions pristine and it goes away without any intervention at all.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump.gif

The original post of this thread has been updated with new information.

FisheRare

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see this in butterflies quite a bit. I try to explain to customers what it is and that with time, and good water/nutrition it will go away.... but they are always put off by how ugly it makes the fish look and leave it to me to fix them.
So what is your best advice when your clownfish gets it . do i get rid of all my fish before it iffects them all and kill them or get rid of the infected fish

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been an interesting read. I have a trio of Anthias. Out of the 3 two have this and it’s most certainly bought in by stress. I fact I can pretty much garauntee the days it will flair you. Feed helps, I tried the medicated caviar as well, that does not seem to aid recovery .

Yesterday, there were only a couple of spots on the fins of the two fish, I then spent an hour taking PAR readings. Today, it’s been the worse it’s ever been. I compare it a human getting a cold sore through stress.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a cbb that had lympho on his tail that has now been cleared away by feeding selcon enriched mysis 3 times a day:)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back