Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Whole thread was a great read!

Im planing on doing a 12" shallow As well and after seeing this it makes me want to start it right now! Thanks for the Pics there some of the best ive seen. Im also going to use leds.

Hows the tank doing ? Any plans to get more corals ?

Thank you for that AWESOME compliment! We love the dimensions on this tank. If you are planning to start your build soon, you should enter the Nano in 90 contest.

Hey guys. How about a few progression photos from start to current? and also, what is your dosing regiment like for this tank?
We'll try to work on some progression shots this weekend. We've been able to maintain params w/weekly water changes and a small amount of kalk added mid-week between water changes.

your tank is stunning i like the black makes your corals pop esp the birdsnest
Thank you for the compliment and for taking the time to post in our thread.

FTS update? :)
Tbh in a tank this size, nothing much has changed since the last FTS, but we do have some frags that we will be moving out of QT in the next week or so...

Good call!

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay in posting pictures... We've had some issues with some of the components in our Ecoxotic Panorama Pro light fixture and are awaiting replacement parts. We're hoping to have everything resolved before the end of the week so week can post some updated pics.

-M&T

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay in posting pictures... We've had some issues with some of the components in our Ecoxotic Panorama Pro light fixture and are awaiting replacement parts. We're hoping to have everything resolved before the end of the week so week can post some updated pics.

-M&T

Not to worry ... happens to all of us at times (unfortunately) ... at least it was only a light and not a heater or a pump .... Have a great Sunday ...

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!!!!!!

Thank You, Chris!

I'll have to loo that camera up .... takes great pics and close-ups for sure !

I've had my Nikon D300s for about 3.5 years now. While the newer models have some nice features, the D300s is still a GREAT camera and is built like a tank. I used a Nikkor 40mm micro (Nikon's macro) lens for those shots. It is a lightweight lens (thankfully, it has a metal mount) and does a great job for the price.

-Terry

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You, Chris!

I've had my Nikon D300s for about 3.5 years now. While the newer models have some nice features, the D300s is still a GREAT camera and is built like a tank. I used a Nikkor 40mm micro (Nikon's macro) lens for those shots. It is a lightweight lens (thankfully, it has a metal mount) and does a great job for the price.

-Terry

Thanks Terry ... Sounds like the D-300 is a real workhorse that lasts and lasts ... and I appreciate the info ... Looks like one can find one for $600 to $800 depending on condition + lens of course ...

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reeflogic