Mantis in my GLR?

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mantis over fish - I would keep mantis. More fun! I think if you keep it fed, it will leave fish alone..

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What a cool find! Lucky catch, and so neat to see him at work. You may be able to catch him in a bottle trap, or you can take the rock out of the tank to get him. If you do remove him, make sure to keep him alive, maybe in a breeder box or a tupperware full of holes floating in the tank- someone will want to take him off your hands.

Smasher mantises rarely target fish, and that's definitely a smasher, since it's burrowing in rock. Don't keep them with a fish you'd be heartbroken to lose, and don't keep them with fish that might go in their burrows. Beyond that, they're unlikely to go after fish unless hungry. Note that unlikely =/= won't happen.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back